Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
I don't understand
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:16 PM »
I don't understand why buyers don't leave feedback on Ebay sales. I have 100% positive and an 850 score. It could be higher if all buyers gave feedback.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Yadda

Re: I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:20:13 PM »
I left feedback on all but three or four of my purchases.  On those,  I refuse to credit anyone that doesn't wrap things well, causing them to break, or really strong cigarette smells or waits up to two weeks to mail my package. I've never given bad feedback, but I will refuse to give feedback.  I'm sorry you are having this problem.  Send them a follow up note asking for feedback.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:21:45 PM »
If I don't receive feedback within 2 weeks I send them this message : Please leave me positive feedback as I have done for you. This usually gets most to leave feedback. As a seller I give feedback as soon as I get paid.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 06:26:34 AM »
I give feedback as soon as I am paid and ship. When I buy, I leave it when the item arrives and I am sure it is as posted.
I just don't understand why buyers can't at least try.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »
With all the changes they have made to the whole system over the years, I have started leaving feedback once I receive feedback. I found that once you leave feedback for the buyer, they find it easier to try and get away with something. No recourse by the seller that others can see at that point. And truthfully, at this point, once you have a few hundred feedback, that number has really become useless now anyway. The only time I take notice of somebody's feedback number is if they have 0-10, even then it doesn't play a large role in my decisions.

Offline amecks

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 07:05:32 AM »
It is kind of frustrating as probably well under 50% leave feedback.  As for me the seller, I leave feedback after I know they've received the item and had time to check it out - usually 2-3 weeks.  If they leave feedback sooner, then I'll leave my feedback sooner.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline swervncarz

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
I leave feedback on every transaction whether I'm the buyer or seller. What burns me is when a buyer sends me special packing instructions & I put in the extra effort to get everything done exactly the way they asked & then no feedback!

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 07:15:23 PM »
Hello, As a seller,I started out leaving positive feedback, once the item was paid for. I got stung a few times , buyers wanting to keep the item, and wanting me to give them a partial refund, threatening negative feedback, etc. After the buyer has had time to view the item in person, and leaves feedback for me, I will leave feedback. If there is a problem with the item, I always offer to have it sent back. Once I receive it in the same condition that I sent it, I will return all costs incurred by the buyer. As a buyer, I will leave positive feedback, and if there is a problem, I will work it out with the seller. I tend to under describe the condition of my items, try not to miss any flaws, package carefully, and ship quickly. I just hit 3700 on the feedback page, at 100%. Good luck to all of my fellow sellers!!!!! Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »
I'm with Lou on this.

Skip
A place for everything and everything on the floor