Author Topic: Sunday Estate Sale  (Read 923 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline wvtools

  • Contributor
  • Hero Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 784
Re: Sunday Estate Sale
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »
My Sellens tool dictionary is packed away for a tractor show that I am going to, but I think the punch on the left is called a round punch and the punch on the right is a backing out punch.

Offline Papaw

  • Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9649
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Sunday Estate Sale
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
Sellens confirms that is a Backing Out Punch.
" A top tool with a straight shank used to drive out a tight-fitting pin or rivet. "
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society
 Photobucket -

Offline Mike H

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 63
Re: Sunday Estate Sale
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:59 AM »
Cool, the edge-a-macation continues.
Are you guys telling me that neither of these tools is intended
be used to punch a hole through a piece of red hot metal?
Or is this a secondary use?
I will have to check out the Sellens Tool Dictionary you mention.