Author Topic: Garage Gazette outage  (Read 52131 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Garage Gazette outage
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 08:50:56 AM »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline RLT

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »
Well some of the blades are slowly being brought online. 
Hopefully ours will soon be one of them.

Offline Carpenter84

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 05:52:05 PM »
Let's try again.

Offline Spartan-C

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »
Looking good Shawn.
Ken

Offline Carpenter84

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 08:48:38 PM »
Ya, finally coming along.
Tomorrow we spend the day in the attic putting in collar ties to try and fix the sinking roof, should be fun times... Also, we will be building a dormer soon.

Offline Bill Gruby

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
 Thank-you for the good news Rusty.

"Billy G"

Offline Carpenter84

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2018, 06:12:39 AM »
Feeling a little out of place here, not sure where to post anything related to the stuff we do. So, I'll just keep posting in here.

Due to unfortunate recent events (another attack of the meat claws... read: hands where they shouldn't have been during times when they shouldn't have been there) I burnt out a bunch of semiconductors in my DC lathe controller. Which has now led me to, once again, for the third time, rebuild my controller enclosure.

Making changes to things I learned the last two rounds. Making the systems more reliable and stable. I was having issues with intermittent running due to some faulty components on the kbcc 125 controller board. I have a bunch of semiconductors, resistors, variable resistors and potentiometers coming in the mail. Better heat dissipation, a better layout, no longer a rats nest from adding components (bells and whistles). Better wiring.
One major change was changing the cable to the remote control from permanently attached to a parallel cable. The biggest pain previously was if I needed to work on something I had to drag the 300~lbs lathe out away from the wall to get the remote box and enclosure out. Now, just one easy to maneuver parallel cable and plug.

I have the AC and DC power run to everything, tomorrow I will do all the control wiring.

And i swear, the bench was totally cleared off when I started...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:19:09 AM by Carpenter84 »

Offline Spartan-C

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2018, 08:01:19 AM »
A cleaned off bench means you are not busy or have anything to do.  Mine stays cluttered up with junk and projects!
Ken

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 08:20:30 AM »
A cleaned off bench means you are not busy or have anything to do.  Mine stays cluttered up with junk and projects!

Or in my case it means you are working on your continuing quest to clean your shop out and make it useable once again.

Offline Bill Gruby

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
 Not to upset anyone, but this thread was, I thought, to keep track of the down GG and MG sites? If it gets cluttered with other stuff it will become hard to follow.

"Billy G"

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2018, 10:50:11 AM »
Not to upset anyone, but this thread was, I thought, to keep track of the down GG and MG sites? If it gets cluttered with other stuff it will become hard to follow.

"Billy G"

I do not agree. Generally, staying on topic in a thread would be desired. That said, our situation here is a little different. While MG, GG, and T&G are sister sites, all three differ from each other, and all three differ from this site. Papaws Wrench, is aimed primarily at much older tools, both hand, and machine, than the GG and even more different still than MG site. While Papaw and the rest of the guys here have been more than gracious in allowing our "invasion" of their site, we do not want to steal or confuse the general interest of the existing membership here with a bunch of threads scattered about the PW site that would not normally be a good fit to discussion generally shared here.

I see no reason that guys should not feel free to discuss whatever stuff they normally would at MG in the threads that clearly say GG, MG or T&G on this web site. My thinking is we should not spread the usual threads or discussions we would have on our respective sites all over the PW site. Of course, at some point there will be a progress report in this thread, or the other one relating to GG, MG and T&G. They are just two threads, so it should not be difficult to find most recent progress reports when they come in.

That is just my thinking. I think we need to be respecting of the host, and the general site mission here.

UB

I am simply advocating that we "do as the Romans do" so to speak while spending time here.

Offline Bill Gruby

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2018, 11:05:42 AM »
 You disagree with what?? No where did I state not to do it. I simply stated what can happen, or is this a no-no here also. Do whatever pleases you. OK now???

"Billy G"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:07:36 AM by Bill Gruby »

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »
In general, subjects such as machinist's threads should go in General Discussion since Tool Talk doesn't have a forum dedicated to such, but in this case it doesn't matter to me.
Let's just be friendly and supportive of each other.

Tool Talk has always been a very laid back and friendly place and I don't let controversy reign here.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »
You disagree with what?? No where did I state not to do it. I simply stated what can happen, or is this a no-no here also. Do whatever pleases you. OK now???

"Billy G"

Sorry Billy, I meant no offense. Herb

Offline RLT

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »
A clean bench is a sign of a sick mind.

Lol jk