Author Topic: Hello from Lower Saxony  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
Re: Hello from Lower Saxony
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
Welcome to this site!  You have found some good schleussels.

I  worked off and on in Germany over a five year period. Our company's office was in Hofheim am Taunus. I stayed in the village of Diedenbergen at a family hotel, Hotel Volker and drove over to the office during each day during each of my week-long visits.

I had the great pleasure of driving on the Autobahns. My longest autobahn trips were from Diedenbergen to Munchen (for Oktoberfests), Diedenbergen to Chamonix, Diedenbergen to Bergen op Zoom, Nederland, and Diedenbergen to Canton de Vaud, Schweiz. 

I found the German people were always polite and helpful.  German beer, especially Kostritzer schwarzbier, was always good.  Pfalzwein (rothwein) and Trocken (weisswein) were always good. Wildschwein marinade, rotkohl, and potato pancakes were favorite dinners.

I only found one wrench in Germany, at the Schaumankai flaumarkt in Frankfurt. It is the middle one in the attached photo. I believe it is French since the assurance that "it is all steel", C'est Tout Acier is in French.  The other two wrenches were found in the USA near my home in Southeastern PA

Offline hmboo

Re: Hello from Lower Saxony
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 10:45:36 AM »
This Kind of Wrenches are called french "Franzose" in germany
in former Times very common on Farms