Author Topic: Patent Search  (Read 1123 times)

Online lptools

• Global Moderator
Patent Search
« on: August 12, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »
Hello, I am looking for help on a Patent Search for a W N Matthews & Bro. Floor Lamp. There is a patent date on the pivot of the lamp, January 19 1904. The only hits that I got on the internet for the company were postings of my own doing, and a page from an old NECA catalog, showing a different product from W N Matthews. . I scrolled through a couple hundred patents with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline p_toad

Re: Patent Search
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »
Interesting item there and i think i found more in a google book search.   It appears from the clipping that it's the holder that's patented and not the light. 

Online lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 04:27:02 AM »
Hello, P. Thanks, you are awesome!!!! Your info gave me what I needed to know about the pivot clamp. I thought that I was missing a piece of hardware, but the pivot works by friction. Thanks again, Lou

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:47:59 AM »
Hello, I am looking for help on a Patent Search for a W N Matthews & Bro. Floor Lamp. There is a patent date on the pivot of the lamp, January 19 1904. The only hits that I got on the internet for the company were postings of my own doing, and a page from an old NECA catalog, showing a different product from W N Matthews. . I scrolled through a couple hundred patents with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lou

Try this search.......There are several patents that come up: https://patents.google.com/?q=stand&assignee=Matthews&sort=old

Online lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 04:23:04 AM »
Hello, Twertsy. Thanks for the info!!! Regards, Lou