Author Topic: UPDATED PIC the Rolls Royce of pliers. Introducing Elliott Lucas Cannock England  (Read 1329 times)

Offline UncleBill

I went to a retired mechanics tool sale that mostly consisted of Harbor Freight, Pittsburgh, China and Taiwan stuff.  But when I look hard enough in the tired old drawers and tool boxes something always shiny catches my attention.  This time it was a shiny German made pliers and an English made pair.  I generally grab European and English made stuff and take a closer look at it later.  Luckily this pair was in remarkable condition with a thick layer of dust and only a couple pinpoint spots of rust.  I looked at the maker Elliott Lucas and too my surprise saw the words Rolls Royce.  With a quick search on the net they truly are for Rolls Royce...

I found the toolkit listed on Ebay.

Thanks Ebay!

Rolls Royce Bentley Silver Shadow Wraith NOS toolkit tool kit tools - Asking Price $2500
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:01:38 AM by UncleBill »

Online Yadda

Neat find!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Bill Houghton

That's pretty nifty.  I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the concept of a toolkit being standard equipment in a Rolls Royce.  I guess maybe it would make sense, so the chauffeur can do minor repairs - certainly not the owner.

Now, the similar but much rougher pliers issued with VWs originally, and, for a long time, found at numerous yard sales - that I can understand.  VW owners might do their own roadside repairs.

A cool find.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:47:30 PM by Bill Houghton »

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
There is another pair on the AACA forum for $20
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/316707-lucas-rolls-pliers/
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline bonneyman

Score!   :smiley:
Ratchet Guru

Offline UncleBill

I just checked out that link.  Not the best picture taker ;)  But I like his drawings at the end.

Online Yadda

Considering these are lineman style pliers is it possible they were plant pliers?

http://rollsroycefoundation.org/rolls-royce-in-america.html
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Bill Houghton

Considering these are lineman style pliers is it possible they were plant pliers?
Certainly possible, but I've seen several auto toolkits - including the classic air-cooled VW kit - in which lineman style pliers were the pliers offered.

Offline UncleBill

Thanks Ebay!

Rolls Royce Bentley Silver Shadow Wraith NOS toolkit tool kit tools - Asking Price $2500