Author Topic: Vlcek, Trimo family, Proto  (Read 1476 times)

Offline p_toad

Vlcek, Trimo family, Proto
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:19:56 PM »
You've seen the 6" Trimo, but here's the current "rest of the family".   The Proto and Vlcek are recent finds.  Funny thing is I used to work with a Vlcek and didn't know about the tools back then.

Offline EVILDR235

Re: Vlcek, Trimo family, Proto
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 12:40:25 AM »
Very nice. Vlchek must have made a boat load of tools because I see that brand all the time. I have a Proto like that, but mine is also marked Los Angeles. I see lots of old pipe wrenches for sale. I guess the reason is due to the use of so much plastic type of pipe being used nowadays. I also have a lot of lead joint caulking tools made by Plomb and Proto. Some of both and new and unused.

EvilDr235
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:43:25 AM by EVILDR235 »

Offline p_toad

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
Yeah, not so much lead being used any more; either in bodywork or plumbing.

Unfortunately the person who owned that Proto wrench initialed it, but i liked it to much to pass it by.   :grin:

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »
Evil,

Where do you live?  Vlchek manufacturing was located in Ohio.  Vlchek was a pretty small operation until they were bought out by Plomb, sometime after WWII.
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:16 AM »
I live in Vancouver Washington across the river from Portland Oregon Land of P&C tools.

EvilDr235

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 04:28:15 PM »
Evil,

Where do you live?  Vlchek manufacturing was located in Ohio.  Vlchek was a pretty small operation until they were bought out by Plomb, sometime after WWII.
A lot of VLCHEK production was contract work which does not bear the VLCHEK name, but which sometimes can be identified by code marks.  WWI lists of military tool production note VLCHEK contracts, including one for a batch of LIBERTY ENGINE SPARK PLUG wrenches.