Author Topic: Craftsman double end adjustable wrench  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Jonathan4243

Craftsman double end adjustable wrench
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:32:01 AM »
My grandpas garage got broken in and lots of his classic tools where taken. I m trying to replace a few and looking for the craftsman wrench with the adjustable end crescent type . Please email or calls are best 304-580-1971

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Craftsman double end adjustable wrench
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
Welcome to Tool Talk !

Be prepared to pay a bit for good examples of the double enders !

Find the Introduction Forum and tell us a bit about you and your tool interests.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:12:17 PM »
Double ended Craftsman cresent type wrenches exist, but are not made by Craftsman.  At least I have never seen such and have collected cresent-type wrenches for 25 years.  What is out there are Cresent Tool Co. wrenches with the name ground off and Craftsman stamped in the ground off area.  It is possible these were over stamped by Craftsman, but I doubt it as there are so few.  Now that I have climbed out on this limb can someone cut it off? :grin:

Offline p_toad

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
(1) Welcome to the Tool Talk forums.   :smiley:   Glad to see you here but sorry about the theft of the tools.   :angry:
(2) Don't think i've ever seen a double end craftsman adjustable.   I know others made them, but i'm no expert on anything.   :tongue:

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 09:33:25 PM »
Looks like the prices are all over the place, mostly depending on size and condition.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=double+ended+crescent+wrench&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=66512-9129&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

I had a nice 6/8" pair that I sold for $40 to a guy at the flea--who then asked $55, I believe.
But that was OK, as I bought them originally for $2.  So....
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.