Author Topic: Fast sale... too fast...  (Read 825 times)

Offline amecks

Fast sale... too fast...
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »
If you ever have one of these for sale...

a firefighter's forced entry tool... don't let it go too cheap.  I posted it Tuesday night and in less than an hour it was sold.  I asked $79 (Buy It Now) and $21 shipping ($100).  I don't have any regrets but if I come across another one I will sell it as an auction with $79 as the starting bid.
This tool appears to be of some vintage and has been in my possession for about 30 years.  There are three forged-in marks. "Forged One Piece",  Numbers that appear to be "4140  8" and on the claw a recessed area that has what looks like 4 or 5 letters that are unreadable.  22" long and 6-3/4 pounds. 
Regards
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Yadda

Re: Fast sale... too fast...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:15:12 PM »
These combo tools are very popular, then there is the fire tool element and it is old.  I hope some steam punk dude didn't buy it.....
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline bunger

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »
That tool is commonly referred to as a Halligan Bar. It's a firefighting forcible entry tool.
Brand new they are about $200 but the older ones are highly collectible by firematic collectors and guys with antique fire apparatus.
Milk crate suckage winner for February 2012

Member of PHARTS -  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:07:25 PM »
looks like you could kill an intruder with that. I guess because I never lock my door, everyone that comes in says, "shit, you could kill someone with that.... fill in the blank" I guess I don't need a gun, just need to pick up anything near bye... all heavy and I could wield a good whack if I needed to !
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"