Author Topic: The old & the new  (Read 1764 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
The old & the new
« on: November 11, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
Hello, I have been working on the inside & outside of my garage. New man doors, old window gone, old homasote ceiling gone, and all of the old trim work is outta here!!! Walls & ceiling insulated, new ceiling panels going in. So here is the old , my Stanley Square, pocket size, perfect for marking the mitered ends of the wall angle, and the new, my Dewalt Laser Level, to keep the grid work running straight!! Regards, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Northwoods

Re: The old & the new
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
I would like to know about the knowledge within this site whether the data is actually shared or not because I want to change the information.

Welcome to our forum.  Be willing to come back over and over again.  There are so many tool categories and so many collectors.  We never run out of questions.  We usually have about 5 different answers for each question.  And some of them are correct!
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline p_toad

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:54:18 PM »
Nice combination of old and new.   :smiley:   Is that brass on the square mitered at the corner?

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 02:34:36 PM »
I would like to know about the knowledge within this site whether the data is actually shared or not because I want to change the information.

Welcome to our forum.  Be willing to come back over and over again.  There are so many tool categories and so many collectors.  We never run out of questions.  We usually have about 5 different answers for each question.  And some of them are correct!
Did you accidentally post this reply here when you intended it to be elsewhere?

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »
Hello, Bill. I think there was a spammer in-between replies. Alleged spammer seems to have moved on, most likely with thanks to our moderator. Regards,Lou

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
hello, Peter. Yes , that is brass trim, I am guessing it is a No.2. Regards, Lou

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »
No laser levels for me, I don't use them enough to keep the batteries current.  Messed up a couple with bad batteries so just use the old systems that still work for me. :grin:

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 04:24:35 PM »
Interesting tidbit I picked up years back about the brass-bound try squares is that the manufacturer warranted them on the bound side only, because the wood might move enough to throw the other side off.

I was raised on combination squares, but have a couple of small all-metal try squares that I use for small scale work.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
Hello, Coolford. I am an old school hand tool guy most of the time. This  particular laser shoots a straight line from point to point on the ceiling, giving a reference for the grid work, no need for strings. I still set door jambs and door bucks with my old brass plumb bob!! Regards, Lou

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
Hello, Bill. I think there was a spammer in-between replies. Alleged spammer seems to have moved on, most likely with thanks to our moderator. Regards,Lou

Yes, a spammer entered our space while I was unaware. Spammer is GONE!
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/