Author Topic: 12 dollar pawn shop sack  (Read 1609 times)

Offline kxxr

12 dollar pawn shop sack
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
I fell asleep at the switch and lost out on an 11piece set of Yellow Willliams high visibility combination wrenches for 47 bucks shipped. To drown my sorrows I went to the pawn shop and drug these gems home. I love them but they ain't no Yellow Williams'. And I REALLY wanted those yellow wrenches. I want the red and black too. Not for nuthin' I just do. And, one day I will have them.
Until then, I got a nice Proto 5257-2 3/8 drive flex, a (New Britain?) Husky 1/2 drive CS 43 USA ratchet (is the '48' a date code of some sort?), a big fat ass Bonney RF 55 flare nut (no date code, unless the triangle represents one) 3 good ol' Indestro combos, a full polish SK combo, an assortment of 8 Thorsen USA combos and finally a too cute to pass up Stanley indexing rotating head 1/4 inch drive shiny rat I haven't seen before. 
Damdest thing, if you type Proto5257-2 flex head ratchet into google images, you get 2 hinges, a refrigerator and 3 pairs of sunglasses and that's it. What the hell?
Edit: I transposed numbers in my google search. It helps a little to put in the right number and size :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:45:36 AM by kxxr »

Offline RedVise

• Contributor
Re: 12 dollar pawn shop sack
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »
Whoa, $12 ????  I would feel better after that !!

Nice!

Brian L.

Offline bonneyman

Re: 12 dollar pawn shop sack
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
Twelve dollars well spent!
That large Bonney double flare end is a looker. Is there a "B" in the triangle? Probably will be hard to see. AA may have some dating info for you on that.
Ratchet Guru