Author Topic: Sears/Craftsman Whitworth Tool Set  (Read 703 times)

Offline amecks

Re: Sears/Craftsman Whitworth Tool Set
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »
Honestly I have tried and cannot remember how I got the first Superslims.  I think I found a few at flea markets.  At some point I began collecting the missing wrenches from eBay.  Some probably from USA and maybe some from Britain.  Not all shipping from Britain is expensive although the affordable charges seem harder to find.  I suspect many Brits do not understand their mail system regarding international shipments.  I have purchased products from Britain for considerably less than the same from USA!  I buy Royal Enfield parts from Hitchcocks and the shipping is no more than buying from USA vendors (but Hitchcock's has many items that cannot be found on this side of the pond). 
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Danks

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »
Here are a few more orphans from, T Williams - Superslim - England.
Cheers

Offline amecks

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »
The top Whitworth wrench is marked only in W for Whitworth while most T Williams' are marked in W and BSF.  Also that wrench is marked British Made instead of Made In England.  The other wrench is larger than any other Superslim I've seen - the 1-1/8W wrench opening is 1.88" or more than 1-3/4 wide.  Is that correct, Danks?  That's a big wrench.
I've often been tempted to try and collect a set of AF or Metric Superslims - but have resisted - so far.
Thanks for posting, great photos.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Danks

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2018, 07:38:08 PM »
Hi Al, that is correct, see attached photographs of each end of wrench.
Cheers

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2018, 08:35:52 PM »
......I've often been tempted to try and collect a set of AF or Metric Superslims - but have resisted - so far......
Al

Why resist?
Our Go-To Type Study Member