Author Topic: Recent Finds  (Read 1080 times)

Offline crankshaftdan II

Recent Finds
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »
As stated-one is a Herbrand minus the cross-bar--looks to be from 1921 forward according to AA.    Could have been used maybe on model A or T???  962 #  with a D on the flat of drive-residue of the heavy black paint used on the vintage tools.

2nd is a Wright 18900#-nothing on AA-someone else mentioned it could be from Curtiss-Wright vintage Airplane tools-which I could find nothing.   Looks to me like a adjustment wrench for Brakes or ????

Maybe someone on here can help??   Thanks.........Cranky
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!

Offline EVILDR235

Re: Recent Finds
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:44:08 PM »
There is a Wright Tool company. I have a few of their tools. I have that same type of tool and I have no idea what it is for. Mine is buried at the moment, so I can't see the makers name.

EvilDr235

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
I seem to remember a large hex drain plug from back when I did more crawling under old cars.   Believe I have that piece too,  the wrench, no. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
There is a Wright Tool company. I have a few of their tools. I have that same type of tool and I have no idea what it is for. Mine is buried at the moment, so I can't see the makers name.

EvilDr235

Just an update as I was able to find out from the dark side-several members the Wright tool is from way back ww2 era and is a Curtiss-wright rocker arm adjustment wrench for airplane engines--also Dodge bros from chicago, Il. built engines for CW as well, so there are also the same tools out in the wild that are identical and marked as Dodge Bros with the same part number!!!   Still trying to find out the origin on the other wrench!   Thanks for the effort!......Cranky
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!