Author Topic: Some small junk...  (Read 1048 times)

Offline amecks

Some small junk...
« on: March 30, 2019, 09:17:36 AM »
...from a local company that does clean-outs of basements, barns, attics, etc.   

Very complete precision screwdriver set - it's from Taiwan.
5-1/2" adjustable auto wrench - with unfortunate crack in the lower jaw below the adj wheel - this will get brazed.  I've never even seen one this size - even in photos.
The tool at left is ...what?  It looks like a countersink but the teeth pattern are diagonally opposed every quarter way round.  It looks like it would be for deburring or chamfering a drilled hole in metal.  The tool is stamped GD9K and below that FORD and a round logo of a saw blade with a script letter F inside.  Looks like something I will use a lot.
Impact driver - also made in Taiwan - but I need one for work.
And it didn't make it into the picture but I picked up one of those little stamped magneto wrenches with feelr gaes attached.  This one is stamped SPARK and has a 3/4" spark plug wrench and 0.035" gage; the other side is stamped MAG and has a 0.020" gage; and of course the other end of the wrench is a screwdriver.

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Yadda

Re: Some small junk...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
Nice little haul!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:47:01 PM »
Is that angled tool bit something that would be used to repair valve seats possibly? Not in an engine necessarily, but maybe in a water or hydraulic valve?
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline amecks

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 01:44:22 PM »
I'm not certain but I would guess not for two reasons.  The cutting teeth are a bit coarse for a faucet/valve seat and the company logo is a saw blade (letter Fin in round saw blade) which says to me not a plumbing tool company.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline amecks

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 04:26:39 PM »
Had the brazing outfit going today so took care of this.  Not the best job but functional.  Used nicklesilver brazing rod. It didn't want to go into the crack at first so it's a little messy.  Hmmm, well the brass hardly shows in the photo but you can just make out the excess metal, I think.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 08:48:46 PM »
Good repair. See kids, that's how grandpa fixed stuff years ago. We didn't have the money to just toss something, we fixed it.

EvilDr235

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 06:37:55 AM »
You do good work sir.
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 11:36:53 AM »
Hello, Al. Nice job on the brazing!!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society