Author Topic: Bechtel Corp wrench  (Read 880 times)

Offline moparthug

Bechtel Corp wrench
« on: April 01, 2019, 01:26:25 PM »
Anyone know about these? The guy I got it from claimed they were used for building power plants on the east coast, so maybe a regional brand? (I'm in Oregon and have never seen one before). Nice wrench, good quality, no reason not to use it so it's going in one of the active use tool boxes. There is a larger one on eBay now but the seller doesn't know anything about it either.
Rogue River, OR.

Offline J.A.F.E.

Re: Bechtel Corp wrench
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:53:04 PM »
Not sure about the wrench but Bechtel is a huge company. Largest privately owned construction company in the US and possibly the largest construction in the US. Also one of the largest privately held companies in the US. They are involved in all kinds of stuff like damns, hydroelectric, oil. Certainly large enough if they wanted tools privately marked they have the resources.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:14:53 PM »
I've made parts pump components for Bechtel but I didn't know they had branded tools.
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 07:12:09 AM »
Anyone know about these? The guy I got it from claimed they were used for building power plants on the east coast, so maybe a regional brand? (I'm in Oregon and have never seen one before). Nice wrench, good quality, no reason not to use it so it's going in one of the active use tool boxes. There is a larger one on eBay now but the seller doesn't know anything about it either.

Almost certainly made by Proto by the looks of the stampings.