Author Topic: New one for me  (Read 916 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
New one for me
« on: August 05, 2019, 07:17:53 PM »
Been stumbling onto more good deals lateLy than is financially healthy.   Almost, sort of.   Found a metal  carry box     of mildly rusty stuff, almost passed but spotteed 2 layers down an odd pair of pliers.  Turns out there were two pair of Eiffel gear-wrench pliers,  one older but neitther has anything but patina.  Never had one  before,now got two, now to find the other jaws.   Looks like these two made the purchase worthwhile.  Anyone find these in the wild?

Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
Re: New one for me
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »
Ah yes, found one in an original OD pouch at a garage sale a few years ago along with jaws.  Will get it out and take a picture.

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:17:28 PM »
I was at a typical garage sale two weekends ago.  a few random screwdrivers, some ratty hammers, and cheap shiny mixed wrenches.  And a tire iron.
Looked at some other household items and then went back for another look.  I am one of those guys who can look right at something and not see it. 
Saw a pair of old cloth pliers and picked them up.
Well, you know what was under them.  1947 Eifel Plierench.  $5.00.  Well, how about that!
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:08:10 AM »
I believe it was last summer at the flea I found the entire kit, with all the jaws and the instructions.  Brand new never used.