Author Topic: Greenlee Auger Bit Set  (Read 1657 times)

Online lptools

• Global Moderator
Greenlee Auger Bit Set
« on: August 28, 2019, 06:03:39 PM »
Hello, I went to a guy's house to buy some wrenches, and this gem surfaced!! All are unused, the 7/8" is an Irwin label, but is the correct type. Former owner had written the fractional equivalents on the inside of the case with a Sharpie. I gambled, and won, and was able to remove the marker with denatured alcohol, no damage to the green enamel, traces of the black still on the yellow lettering. The original paper, and wood protective pieces for the feed screws remain.Regards, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Jimmy Joiner

Re: Greenlee Auger Bit Set
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 06:56:55 PM »
Nice find!!
Jimmy

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 11:03:44 AM »
Those are always nice to find.  Classier than the canvas rolls for the bits.

Offline p_toad

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »
Sweet.   wonder why the previous owner apparently never knew or remembered that the numbering (at least that i've seen on different brands) was always the number of 16s of an inch. ???

Online lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »
Hello, Bill. Thanks for the reply, I like it too!! Peter, former owner was neither a woodworker nor a mechanic.I think he labeled them with intent to use, but never got there !! I'm just  glad he didn't drill a bunch of test holes in plaster or drywall!  Regards, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »
Sweet.   wonder why the previous owner apparently never knew or remembered that the numbering (at least that i've seen on different brands) was always the number of 16s of an inch. ???
Maybe just someone not quick at math, didn't want to have to do the (simple) math.