Author Topic: Tool take home from Alexander Steam Show Swap Meet  (Read 1327 times)

Offline amecks

Tool take home from Alexander Steam Show Swap Meet
« on: September 06, 2019, 08:02:00 PM »
Alexander is almost 2 hours drive if you take the NY State Thruway to Batavia at about 72-3 MPH which is the slow end of the average speed on this road.  Alexander is about 10 or 15 minutes south of Batavia.  I got a lot of neat items at very reasonable prices.

Top left is Mac socket tray MT3Y, Atlas Sewing Machine box with 20 round wire brushes (some are gun cleaning type), Snap-On vintage '62 KTA231 socket tray,

[next row] K-D No.44 snap ring  tool, box of nails that I use around the house - matches the wood work (I was getting low on them), [next row] nice tire valve tool and grease fitting tool, metal hex key holder - no markings,  the funny thing to the left is a "Sure-Grip Screw and Nut Holder Pat's Oct 24 22 (hard to read) JR Pearsall Mfg Co Rochester NY" - it  slides onto a screwdriver and can hold a screw or nut,

[bottom row] 3 brass and one stainless wire mini brushes, really neat saw blade holder - blade will slide clear thru the handle to change length, Hoffman fat screwdriver Germany 10000 volt (what is it?),  multi screwdriver marked only "10 in 1" (who made it and how is 10 in 1?),  nice Dayton 6X989 magnetic screwdriver with firm cap and full set of bits,

offset screwdriver Bridgeport USA, General 807-X offset Phillips, Spearpoint Made In England marked in both BSF and Whitworth (I like these as they are very similar to T Williams Superslim wrenches),  two Belzer-Streamline metric (Germany) 12+13mm 16+17mm open ends, 

Utica 523-7 slip joint pliers,  K-D No. 2079 apparently a bearing puller but I think its assembled incorrectly,  Skidmore Eng. co. torque wrench Pat. Pend. Bedford Ohio 20558 also marked 20R37 - 20 ft lbs/240 inch lbs.
I haven't researched any of these things yet.  If I find anything of interest I'll add it later.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Re: Tool take home from Alexander Steam Show Swap Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 03:35:34 AM »
Hello, Al. Nice haul!!!! Regards, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:22:26 PM »
The little KD puller is for pulling stuck lifters out of engine blocks. I have the same one.

EvilDr235

Offline amecks

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 06:13:08 AM »
Thanks evil, I learned the K-D plier-like tool is for molding clip installing.  Not real useful, unless someone works on old cars.  The Skidmore torque wrench is missing the adjuster handle end but I only paid 33 and a third cents for it (3 for $1 box).  Still don't know how the fat Hoffman screwdriver tool is used.  Some electrical application.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 08:12:47 AM »
hoffman driver is for the the big stove bolts on the covers of elec boxes
A place for everything and everything on the floor

Offline amecks

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 02:38:38 PM »
Thanks skip.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline bill300d

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:03 AM »
Diggin those Belzers (remind me of the Williams Superrench version)
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 02:52:21 AM »
I'm not sure how to get to ten, but I know the bit holders are also nut drivers.

Chilly

Offline amecks

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 05:53:34 AM »
"10 in 1" is probably a Klein tool.  The Klein version came with extra bits to make ten options (with the nutdrivers).  I'll have to check and see if extra bits fit inside the handle somehow or of they were just loose.
Al
Jordan, NY