Author Topic: Bird is still alive  (Read 1323 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
Bird is still alive
« on: October 14, 2019, 01:32:44 AM »
HI GUYS, YOU MAY HAVE THOGHT I GAVE UP ON TOOLS, FOUND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO,  OR FORGOT ABOUT YOU FOLKS, MY FRIENDS AND WRENCH FRIENNDS.... I HAVEN'T ... JUST BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE .  IT'S KIIND OF A FUNNNY STORRY, OF COURSE. ....FIRST OF ALL, II HAVE A NEW KEYBOARD THHATT SEEMS TO TYPE EEVEERY LEETTERR TWICE..... SEE WHATT II MEAN????  i'M WORKING ON TTHAATAT .... NOT SO WELL.  SO, I WENT FOR A NORMAL OBGYN CHECK UP(TELL YOUR WIVES.... OK, DAUGHTERRS.. To do that).  The doc told me that iI had a massive tumor thhat hadd too be reemoved.  (again, iI apologize fforr tthe typing) . I just bought this 'wireless keyboard" i don't think it's gooioing to work out!
         Anyhhow, maybe some of my ole friennds will decipher this, if they stilll remeemberr me. 
Of course, I alwayss have a good story to tell. Well, it's not a 'good" story, persayy.  So, the doc told me about thiss tumor. He said it was big.
"How big?"
"You are a woodworker, right?"
"yes. "
"it's a square fooot.... 12 by 12."
The best thing I can say about thhatt is who can say, "yeah, I got a square foot tumor in me, whatcha got?"
So, needless to say, i hadd to have major surgerry. I'm very thhankful thhat i neverr wannted kids.... Couldn't sttand them, couldn't take care of tem, and , noow, can't have thhem. Again, i apologize for tthe typing.
      So, to make a long story long, they removed a six pound tuumor from me.  The quite old doc told me it's the biggestT surgerry he's ever done. i told him, "i like to make a lasting impression."
       i went in for my first checkup after surgeery, he said, "do youU want to see a picture of youur ttuor? i still have it on my phone, I'm gonna save that pictureE forever.'
       i'm not really sure how to answer or even commeent on thhatT!
        i can say this old man in the store pointed at my belly and said, "when's the baby cominng?"
I SHOULD  have come up with a really great answer like, 'don't yoou knnow your tthe dad?" HAHAHHAHAHA
No. I had to say the exact thinng that this old timer wouldn't believe: "i'm not pregnant, i have a massive tumor."
He said, "Tell that sttory to someone that don't know any better.'
       So, there you have it. I had a six pound square foot tumor in me. I guess that's as good an excuse as any as to why I've been goone so long.  The only thing more ridiculous then that is that I wass born deaf in my right earr.  When thhey finnallly had the capabilityy to do surgery that could give me some of my hearing back, they found a massive tumor that was growing in to my brain.... Would have killed me if they hadn't of found that in the midst of the other surgury that was supposed to give me some hearing!!!
      Now, THAT's an ULTIIMATE BIRD story , riight theree!!!!  Top that one! I dare ya! Don't even try :)!!!1
       Enough abbout me, how are my wrench buddies? Whatt's new? I'm quite dissapointed thhat, once again, i cann'tt concentrate on my wrenchhes, whhichh is wwhat i wannt ttoto do. Oh, good greiif, i can't deal withh this keyboard much longerr.....  I'm soorry.   So, i'm quite thankful for healthcare. But, as we aall know, it neverr covers 'qquite what we want it too. '  Which leads me back to why i can't concentrate on my wrenches. Anyone that knows me knows i've got a boat load of toools..... Literrally! So, i'm trying to gather up the biggesst potentiall 'money makkers' to put on ebay. Ebay is annotherr disaster.... I faiiledd to reallize thhat i've been paying 60 pllus dollars a month for gooodness knows how long...... To keep a store up and running which had no merrchandise for sale. I've got no one but myself to blamme for that one!!!!
       Anyhow, i'm trying to pull myself toogether, grab some 'highh dollar' tools, take sooe pictuures and get thhem on ebay..... But, if i have to rely on this typewriter, i'm in trouuble.
       Oh NO! I just called this keyboard a type writer... Thheree's no hope foor me!
Well, i just wanted to say 'hello' and explain why i've beenn abbsent foor so long. II love my wrench budddies,
Cheers
A several pounds lighhterr,  bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Online amecks

Re: Bird is still alive
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:00 AM »
Wow!  Glad you are OK after all that, Bird.  I have a friend who had a large tumor removed from his head - he's doing OK.  There should be control that will adjust the sensitivity of the keyboard.  Try the computer's Control Panel.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline international3414

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:31:12 AM »
usually when i see a lot of writing,big long story....i dont bother to read....but when its you i always read.....,.,glad your ok!!!....will be checking your items..,.,..,.,,good luck

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 07:31:05 AM »
Glad you survived Bird, its been so long I figured you had flown the coop.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:19 AM »
You never do anything halfway, Bird - but you could have skipped that habit on this one!

Glad it got caught and removed.  Here's hoping the recovery goes OK.  We need your voice here.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »
It is sad to hear this kind of news! We hope you get better and stick around a long time !
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline p_toad

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »
 :smiley: Glad to hear that you are doing better (even if that keyboard is a pain in the keister - just means you're using it the wrong way  :grin:).

When you're up to it - get back to your wrenches and go for it.    :smiley:

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »
Good to hear from you. Wishing you all the best.

Offline Yadda

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »
Keep on keeping on Bird!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 11:02:46 PM »
Very happy to see you back and hoping for a good recovery.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline papadan

• Just an old wrench tugger
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 12:37:15 AM »
Glad you're still with us Bird, just tell everyone you are the only woman to ever give birth to a square foot. Let them figure out what you mean. ;-)
VWs to D10s, I've fixed em.
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society