Author Topic: i need to get out more  (Read 1019 times)

Offline p_toad

i need to get out more
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »
found these the other day...didn't realize they made socket in /32 nds  :undecided:

the other things i just threw in there for the heck of it to hold the sockets from rolling around
15, 19, and 25/32.   the last on the right is a cornwell; the one of the left is an old rusty wright with a wizard next to it.   most of those 32s are not marked with a company name. 

that little doe on the top is marked "western germany", the one below is marked "fleet".

Offline EVILDR235

Re: i need to get out more
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »
Years ago a lot of wrenches and sockets were offered in 32 sizes. Ford and Mercury had some fasteners in 32 sizes. The farther back in time you look, the more common they are.

EvilDr235

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 03:10:09 PM »
There are a couple of sizes in 32nds - 17/32s and 25/32s, as I recall.  I own them, but don't recall ever having used them.  I believe Chevrolet used these sizes on some bolts/cap screws, as part of their policy of making strange engineering decisions (clutch-head screws*, anyone?).

*Actually, the clutch-head screw was/is not a bad design: you can, in a pinch, use a regular screwdriver on it, but a proper clutch-head driver locks in, similarly to how a Torx does.  Too bad it never succeeded in the market.

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 03:40:40 PM »
The large Mossberg socket sets have more than a dozen sizes in 32'nds.  Pressed steel sockets.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
Yeah, you need to get out more....to find more tools! lol

19/32" is very close to 15mm. When I thought finding any 15mm Bonney's was never going to happen, I snagged a trio of 19/32" when I found them. They work great on bicycle axle nuts.
Ratchet Guru