Author Topic: Proto RHFT  (Read 937 times)

Offline Northwoods

Proto RHFT
« on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:22 PM »
Came home with a Proto Professional 5452A round head quick release 1/2" U.S.A. ratchet much like the one in the link.
Can't find much about it--or even pics.
What is the conventional wisdom on it?  It seems fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Proto-USA-Made-1-2-Drive-Professional-Ratchet/254405713683?hash=item3b3bc31f13:g:Z38AAOSwh6dbdz82
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline EVILDR235

Re: Proto RHFT
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 10:46:33 PM »
I have two of them in 3/8 drive. One like in the picture and a flex head model. The flex head model was not working, so I took the guts out of the non flex model to repair the flex head one. I have not seen many of them around. No pun intended. The pear head models are still my favorite. One could collect nothing but Proto pear head ratchets for a long time and probably never find them all. Just when I think I have found every model, I look on eBay and see one I have never seen before. That is the reason I eat mac and cheese 6 days a week. Then you have Plomb and P&C models. Then Armstrong and OTC knockoffs. Then the Asian knockoffs. I think Rod Serling did a episode of the Twilight Zone about them.
EvilDr235
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:37:30 PM by EVILDR235 »

Offline Northwoods

Re: Proto RHFT
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:44:34 AM »
I hear you on the Plomb/Proto pearheads. If you get back into the hunt, don't forget the doublemarked PlombProto--and the Mexican whatever it is called.
 I started with Plomb and kept going.  Pretty soon I was plumb (pun intended) tuckered out when I hit 13 variations.  I even found a Proto pebble example.
I think I'll put this one with a Proto set and sell it.  It is a strong one, though.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.