Author Topic: Anyone recognize this ratchet: Co Op Deluxe  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Northwoods

The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
Re: Anyone recognize this ratchet: Co Op Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 07:43:22 PM »
Walden Worcester. Hmph, never heard of them..?
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline TheMechanist

• ABN Look Up
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 05:34:36 AM »
What I have manager to learn: Walden Worcester from the state of Massachusetts was a very prominent manufacturer of automotive specialty tools. The company started as the Walden Manufacturing Company in 1906 and was created by F E and Charles Walden. Unfortunately, they went out of business sometimes between 1990 and 2000.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 07:18:37 AM »
Copes book page 319. Organized 1906 as Waldon Manufacturing Company bought by Warren Bellows in 1907 and reorganized as Walden-Worchester Inc in 1914. Additional information given in Copes entry.

In 1926 the company was consolidated with Stevens & Company to form Stevens-Walden-Worchester Inc

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 08:46:00 AM »
I think they made assembly tools for Ford?
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 11:58:50 AM »
Alloy Artifacts has a good time line history of Walden-Worcester ( http://alloy-artifacts.org/walden-worcester.html#history ).   Most of the major wrench makers would do contract production & that customer could stamp their brand on the tools.   For example, there was a
"BROWNBILT" brand of wire handle sockets all of which look identical to comparable Walden-Worcester.

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »
While checking through my ratchets today (I do this every few years to check for rust) I came across this ratchet.  It is a Truth which became Owatonna Tool Co.  Truth made Co-op tools, and I have a Co-op socket set with the same ratchet in it.  However, the Co-op ratchet although being the same is not marked.

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 06:29:56 PM »
While checking through my ratchets today (I do this every few years to check for rust) I came across this ratchet.  It is a Truth which became Owatonna Tool Co.  Truth made Co-op tools, and I have a Co-op socket set with the same ratchet in it.  However, the Co-op ratchet although being the same is not marked.

Thanks, Coolford.  I passed the info on to the facebook guy who originally posted the pictures.  You get an attaboy.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.