Author Topic: Hammer Rack  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Jim C.

Hammer Rack
« on: June 04, 2020, 02:03:17 PM »
During the past year or so, you’ve seen me write that I finally got my shop back into working order.  I did a lot of house cleaning and engaged in some serious organization projects.  While things are much better, and I’m able to work out there again, I’m still looking for ways to maximize floor, drawer and wall space.  About a week ago, I was digging through my hammer drawer and the slide gave way.  There was too much weight in the drawer and I knew it was just a matter of time and/or the addition of one or two more hammers and something bad was going to happen.  With the exception of my long handle sledgehammer, every other hammer I own was in that drawer. 

Well, since the drawer slide was messed up, it was necessary to find an alternative way to store my hammers.  So, I turned to the internet and found some very creative solutions as well as some very simple, but effective solutions.  Once I figured out where I was going to mount my hammer rack, the design sort of revealed itself.  I ended up hanging the rack at the end of my workbench.  One eight foot long 2x3 and a couple of 1/2” steel rods later, here’s what I came up with......

Jim C.
Our Go-To Type Study Member

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
Re: Hammer Rack
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 03:05:30 PM »
Cool, my hammers are all over the place, but I keep the different types where I usually use them.

Offline amecks

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 03:24:39 PM »
I'm missing a hammer.  Lost track of a good ball peen.  Guess I need better organization too!
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 06:34:30 PM »
Hello, Jim. Nice job on the hammer rack!! I like that it accommodates the different lengths, and types of hammers. Coolford, I like your idea, too!! Al, you've only lost track of 1 hammer? That's pretty good!!  :cheesy:
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Yadda

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 07:21:08 PM »
Primo set up.  I need to build a bench so I can build that hammer rack.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 08:54:42 PM »
Cool...........I keep the different types where I usually use them.

That’s exactly what I did coolford!  My shop is only about 500 square feet.  I do everything out there!

Jim C.
Our Go-To Type Study Member

Offline p_toad

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 01:40:50 PM »
i hope they're not rusting.   I've already drooled over them.   :embarrassed: