Author Topic: Estate sale leftovers  (Read 1149 times)

Offline moparthug

Estate sale leftovers
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »
Estate sale find, end of the last day where everything was half off or better. Got there literally as they were closing up, gal said everything left is dirt cheap, what doesn't sell goes in the dumpster. Did a quick run through of the house and garage and saw this Skil drill attached to a Babco jig saw attachment. How much I ask? "That? That's all you could find?" she said. Yup, just this, I like old tools. How about a dollar she says. Got it home and it works perfect, of course.  :smiley:
Rogue River, OR.

Offline Bill Houghton

Re: Estate sale leftovers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 05:17:30 PM »
Those attachments for drill motors are pretty cool, as concepts.  I've got a belt sander (thanks, Uncle Charlie!), a sabre saw, and a circular saw.  The saws are just about almost nearly as fast and accurate as sawing by hand.  I've never tried the sander.

I suspect they were gateway drugs to real tools - use one for a while, get frustrated, go out and buy a real one, rather than going back to the hand tools that had served you before.

And that is a SWEET little drill motor!

Offline toolmiser

Re: Estate sale leftovers
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 08:56:30 PM »
I've used a few of the drill attachments with a cordless modern drill and it gives them new life.  Problem is a lot of the cordless drills turn at a slower speed so "your results may vary".