Author Topic: Weedsport NY Yard Sale  (Read 814 times)

Offline amecks

Weedsport NY Yard Sale
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:03:27 AM »
I was on the fence about stopping here but I followed thru and very glad I did! Everything was $1 each except the torque wrench which was $3.

Sorry - some of the photos should have been edited/rotated.  Herbrand Multiscope

Snap On Torqueometer.  Appears to be functioning properly - will attempt to test it.

King Dick (British) adjustable - how old is this?

Iron Age wrench in excellent condition! What is the background of this?  I've seen them before but don't know when and why they were made.

Perfect Handle - I believe this is the valve adjuster.  Looked for the chain and hook but no luck.  Did Smith drill the holes or is this a modification?
The other piece is a sharpening iron? It is magnetic.  Looks too rough to be useful, but maybe OK for my garden machete.

Two Kant Twist clamps - 2' and 3"

I overcleaned the King Dick.  Regret using the new wire wheel.  But it certainly is in good condition- the jaws are as parallel as a vernier.

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Re: Weedsport NY Yard Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 11:25:11 AM »
Hello, Al. Good score, the wrench cleaned up well. Those Kant Twist clamps are very handy!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 02:57:50 PM »
That rod looks like it started life as a knife "steel," then got rusty and magnetized.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 04:07:31 PM »
Drop the rod on a concrete floor to de-magnetize???
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline amecks

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 07:09:46 PM »
They are my first Kant Twist clamps.  Looking forward to trying them.  I like the swivel jaws with the groove on one side.  Also want to restore the Multiscope.  I have in the past used a long metal rod pressed to my ear to detect engine noise location.
Al
Jordan, NY