Author Topic: Saturday Barn Sale  (Read 888 times)

Offline amecks

Saturday Barn Sale
« on: October 24, 2020, 09:02:13 AM »
  The clean-out boys had the barn open yesterday and I went to work late so I could go first thing in the AM. 

Top is an OTC 7034 disc brake pad spreader.  Hope this works well cause I foresee using it soon.  Craftsman WF 45373 pliers - 8" with a remarkably precision feel to the joint.  Williams Superrench long 5/16.  Channellock 410 some rust but not pitted.  Awesome find - Buckingham 6301 thread chaser made in nearby Binghamton, NY - looks good, can't wait to test it.  Smith's diamond hone in pouch, Sears dowel center kit 9-4184 and Craftsman Deck-out screw remover set 9-52151 with instructions.  Average price paid less than $1 each.
  While we are on the subject of Williams Superrenches, I am still looking for the 3/8 and 1/2 long versions and if there's a 9/32, that also.  I can trade a 5/16 long, 3/8 or 1/2 or 5/8 regulars.  Also have a some Bonney long streamline wrenches for trade.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Re: Saturday Barn Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 09:06:35 AM »
Nice finds!!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:40:24 PM »
I have the same OTC 7034 spreader but branded Snap-on. I have used it for years and it's worked well for me.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline amecks

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 06:00:13 AM »
Thanks JAFE that's good to know.  The only item for sale in this group is the Channellocks because I already have a pair exactly like them and another newer pair.  I cleaned up the thread chaser by taking it apart.  The chaser jaws slide out the front.  As I held one side to pull it out the other side went flying across the floor. 2 jaws, three flat metal springs, and two small pins.  I was able to find them all without too much trouble.  Its a good thing I held on to the other side so I could see how all those pieces fit together!
Al
Jordan, NY