Author Topic: Back to the barn...  (Read 624 times)

Offline amecks

Back to the barn...
« on: October 24, 2020, 03:43:35 PM »
Returned to the barn sale today and picked up a few things.

These items are sitting on a heavy military "ammo?"  box.  Nice Williams Superrench - 7/8".  Xcelite 5/16 x 6 driver, fair condition.  Starrett rule C604RE - minty.  K-D inner/outer snap ring pliers, included the plastic box but no extra tips.  The lower left tool is a ??? but I suspect it is an internal wrench for a plumbing application made by J.A. Sexauer Mfg.

If you've been reading my posts you won't be surprised to see a brass wire brush.  These things a very handy.  Over the summer I used one for its original purpose - cleaning white wall tires (but on a bicycle).  Near full gas cylinder.  Perfect Handle driver with less than perfect blade but still functional.  A furniture scraper with a good blade and pivoting handle - very vintage, but cannot find a makers mark anywhere [Edit:  L.S.Starrett!  stamped on the beveled washer that holds the blade].  CanAm BRP tool kit - I like having these types of screwdrivers for motorcycle or bicycle tool kits.  In the box is a run down C-man spark plug gage and a good unmarked tap handle.

The box's main content is a beautiful faucet seat cutter with a large assortment of cutters.  Excel Mfg. Co. (Cleveland OH).  Not sure what all the pieces are on the round ring - there's a few small round seat cutters and some rectangular bits, along with a bunch of rounded edge bushing/washers.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:02:43 PM by amecks »
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Northwoods

Re: Back to the barn...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 04:13:55 PM »
Ditto on brass brushes.  Pick up every one I can--within reason.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.