Author Topic: might be helpfull to others,spring for vise grips  (Read 978 times)

Online international3414

• Contributor
might be helpfull to others,spring for vise grips
« on: November 02, 2020, 03:17:26 PM »
folks at irwin,seem almost to nice LOL....good price too :huh:   
Daniel (IRWIN®)

Nov 2, 2020, 10:12 EST

Hi Richard

Thank you for contacting us and my apologies about the delay.

I'm sorry that you're missing the spring for your 5WR Pliers. I'm happy to help you.

I placed an order for you to receive 5 springs. Please allow 10-14 business days for them to arrive via UPS. This is the order number: 7031624445
Daniel,
Customer Service

Rae508153

Oct 31, 2020, 17:14 EDT

dear sir,
could you send me a spring for my 5 inch vise grip locking pliers.
thank you

Offline oldgoaly

Re: might be helpfull to others,spring for vise grips
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »
I was buying all the vise grip style pliers in the 90's  at swap meets for 50 cent to a dollar. I ordered a box of springs (25) from the local Green Store. I had Henry order me a box when he ordered from his supplier. He asked me what do these go to. he got 2 boxes and sold his box real fast! Sure do miss that place.I'd pull into a empty parking lot, before I was done there  I had to wait in line to check out.  I used to joke about it, but everyone was convinced something weird  happening.
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Online international3414

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 05:32:24 PM »
can you chop that sign down,i have a buyer for it...LOL

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 10:35:05 AM »
I'd pull into a empty parking lot, before I was done there  I had to wait in line to check out.  I used to joke about it, but everyone was convinced something weird  happening.
That's one of the laws of retail: "There are no short lines."  If you're not ready to check out, no one else will be either, but the minute you say, even unconsciously, "Well, that's all I need today," everyone else in the store will hustle to the register.

I used to see it back when I was a gas pump jockey in the mid-60s, and have seen it consistently ever since.

About the only place/time the rule doesn't operate is stores within the Unitey States five minutes after the kickoff at Super Bowl; go in then, and you'll be the only person buying stuff.

Offline p_toad

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 08:18:18 PM »
I'd pull into a empty parking lot, before I was done there  I had to wait in line to check out.  I used to joke about it, but everyone was convinced something weird  happening.

My wife and i noticed that years ago when we used to travel (BC).   We would pull into a restaurant with zero other vehicles, get our food and sit down and it was like a magnet to every other hungry person within miles.   The places would be packed when we left.   :grin:

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 09:09:10 AM »
I have also had good luck with Customer Service from Irwin, clamp pads, and Vise-Grip Springs. There is also a local guy who has the springs in stock, they are not free, but they are reasonably priced!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline humber2

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 03:06:26 AM »
Is it just the small vice grips that consume springs? Like the 4 and 5 inchers seem to accumulate in the needing repair tray here.