Author Topic: MULTI-SPANNER Wrench  (Read 3827 times)

lzenglish

MULTI-SPANNER Wrench
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »
This wrench has 2 adjustable ends, one larger than the other. It has graduated marks in inches, and mm. The only other mark is "Multi-Spanner". Does anyone recognize it, and possibly the maker of it?

Thanks,

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:54:52 PM by lzenglish »

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
Re: MULTI-SPANNER Wrench
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »
there were quite  a few threads about this on the old site (Getting old fast isnt it )
 i think it was determined it was swiss made or something.
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

lzenglish

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 12:18:23 AM »
there were quite  a few threads about this on the old site (Getting old fast isnt it )

Yes it is getting old fast, and I can't remember what happend last week, let alone 2 months ago. I think it is called half-eimers disease. Anyway, I don't remember this one being posted, and I did not post it, so here it is again I guess. It did come from England, so the swiss theory would make sense. What was the company name, if anyone knows?

Thanks,

Wayne

Offline 64longstep/Brian

• Contributor
  • Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:00:08 AM »
That is a nice wrench… I do believe that it is Swiss made...

I imagine that there will be quits a few old posts revisited here on the new forum since the archives from old forum were lost.
If all else fails use a bigger hammer…
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

walker

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 03:12:40 AM »
might be swedish,cant recall the exact name,"elkistuna"something like that.
brian

lzenglish

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:38:52 AM »
Thanks Guys. I will explore the Sweedish possibility. Also, I know their will be some past posts revisited, but I see nothing wrong with that. And, I think it is a good thing to replenish our lost data base. The old forum was my only record keeping system, and I probably had a thousand new tool find pictures lost, out of my 1500 posts. It's a good thing I never sell a tool, and might revisit some of them as well!

Wayne

edit spelling
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:46:39 AM by lzenglish »

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »
Eskilstuna is the brand I had and had posted about.
"The city grew enormously during the Industrial Revolution and became one of the most important industrial cities of Sweden, earning the nickname "Stålstaden" ("The City of Steel"). Aside from firearms, the city also produced cutlery, scissors, keys, machine tools and precision instruments. As a tribute to the steel industry, the figure of a steel worker is included in the city's coat of arms. Eskilstuna is sometimes called The Sheffield of Sweden, Sheffield being a (much larger) industrial city famous for the quality (and quantity) of the steel produced there. Both cities at their peak were home to numerous different companies involved in steel production."
Many tools were produced there, and many more using steel from there.
The wrench design has been reproduced by a bunch of makers.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/