Author Topic: Tobasco  (Read 3696 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
Tobasco
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
Hi folks,
    How's everyone doing?  Happy "belated" new year.....  go figure, I'm already behind!!!!!  I've been attempting to keep my house somewhat clean.... not a new year's resolution....  just a goal.  I've been working hard at it.  Yesterday morning I woke up around 7 AM or so. My dog woke me up.  I jumped off of the couch (where I generally sleep) to let her out.  Somehow, in that process, my foot hit part of a plate that was on my coffee table. I flipped the plate over...  no big deal... didn't break. 
    I let Bean out, and was ready to start the day.  However, when I went back towards my couch, I noticed all this "red stuff" on my white pillow.  I immediately thought, "Oh my god, I'm bleeding, what did I do?"   I had ten fingers and toes. I finally realized that when I tipped that plate over, I catapulted my Tabasco sauce into the air.  O well, no one is perfect.  However, that Tabasco sauce irritated me.  I laid back down on the couch for a few more minutes.  I happened to look at the ceiling.... Tabasco sauce everywhere. ...  ALL OVER the ceiling!!!!!
    Great. Who the hell wakes up in the morning and catapults a Tabasco bottle into the air?
I talked to mom, " I mean, mom, who the hell wakes up in the morning and manages to have red sauce everywhere?  I'm destined to fail!  Me and a clean house just aren't met to be!"
   "Oh, don't feel bad. I've found spaghetti sauce on the ceiling before."
"But, Mom, that was in THE KITCHEN!!!! It wasn't on the family room ceiling!"
"Well, you do have a point. It will, no doubt, make for a good story."

So, that's my story. Tabasco in the early morning isn't so great.
cheers,
bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline rusty

Re: Tobasco
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »

Ahh...ceiling artifacts....

But...to make a REALLY good mess, takes a pressure cooker, and some apples.
Fill it all the way up, so the apple sauce clogs the little steam vent...
Then panic, run over, and unscrew the lid......

We had apple sause in places I didn't even know existed...
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:30:15 PM »
Makes me wonder what the story is behind a lot of the modern abstract art.

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »
Oh, I'm glad there are still some folks that listen to my pointless stories.
cheers,
bird

Offline Branson

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:42:49 AM »
Cutting potatoes too quickly years ago...  Who knew a cut thumb could project all the way to the kitchen ceiling?

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:43:04 AM »
Then there are accidental messes that stopped Grandma dead in her tracks. When I was ten or eleven, I would visit Grandma for a few days in the summer. She had a big lawn and I was old enough to run the reel power mower. The grass was long enough that I didn't see the big soggy dog pile. When someone said "whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed", they must have known this could happen. Grandma had me strip to my Jockeys in the garage and hosed me down with the garden hose. I think that my dad laughed for three days when he heard about it.
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »
My first posting to the Daily Howdy, and it took hot sauce to cough up an anecdote.  When I used to work 2nd shift down in Arkansas,. I'd get home about 2:30 AM and rock back in the recliner and watch the VHS tape of the TV shows my wife had recorded for me and I would occasionally eat Pace Medium Picante sauce(which is hotter than most other brands' hot sauce BTW) and any number of brands of tortilla chips.  One night  I had a bowl of the sauce and a bowl of the chips and was swilling away and dribbled a spot here and a spot there of sauce on my Texas Kayak Club all cotton T-shirt a friend had given me(the joke of the shirt was that the kayaks were stacked on top of a Porsche 911 Targa).  I didn't think much of the messy shirt, so like a true guy, I threw it in the laundry basket and let the ERA do what it's spozed to.  When that shirt came out of the wash, it had little to medium=sized holes in every spot that the Pace Medium Picante sauce had splashed.  Even if it wasn't true, it still makes for a good story.

DM&FS

Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 03:53:18 AM »

Welcome to the Daily Howdy!
     I'm glad to have comradeship in hot sauce disasters! At least you can buy new clothes......  I'm stuck with the ceiling I have!!!!  I loved your story.... don't be a stranger!
cheers, Tabasco disaster Bird.

My first posting to the Daily Howdy, and it took hot sauce to cough up an anecdote.  When I used to work 2nd shift down in Arkansas,. I'd get home about 2:30 AM and rock back in the recliner and watch the VHS tape of the TV shows my wife had recorded for me and I would occasionally eat Pace Medium Picante sauce(which is hotter than most other brands' hot sauce BTW) and any number of brands of tortilla chips.  One night  I had a bowl of the sauce and a bowl of the chips and was swilling away and dribbled a spot here and a spot there of sauce on my Texas Kayak Club all cotton T-shirt a friend had given me(the joke of the shirt was that the kayaks were stacked on top of a Porsche 911 Targa).  I didn't think much of the messy shirt, so like a true guy, I threw it in the laundry basket and let the ERA do what it's spozed to.  When that shirt came out of the wash, it had little to medium=sized holes in every spot that the Pace Medium Picante sauce had splashed.  Even if it wasn't true, it still makes for a good story.

DM&FS