Author Topic: My railroad tool display at Cowan Depot, Cowan, Tennessee.  (Read 13699 times)

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
Re: My railroad tool display at Cowan Depot, Cowan, Tennessee.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »
Stoney:  That's a winning display of railroad tools, and inclusion in the Smithsonian exhibition is a huge and well-deserved plus!

Skip Skip: I used to walk the D & H tracks with friends in the early 1950s.  We would cross the Mohawk River at Lock 7 in Scotia to get to the tracks which ran East - West along the river's south bank at that point. The land along the tracks was unsettled and probably is still so. I have a couple of D & H railroad lanterns one of which has the great D & H script embossed on its globe (pictured below). The lantern is an Adams & Westlake Reliable with a 1913 patent date on it.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »

Very nice Stoney: )

And I like that it is more or less a complete working set, looks like you could go tomorrow and lay track with what's there,
All you need is a flat car and a crew...

(OK, an engine might make things a little easier too, those flat cars are hard to push....)
And, if you're going to be the Section Foreman, don't forget your most important tools, the coffee cup and clipboard!
Nice collection, and the best place to see them these days, for me anyway, is on display.

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »
Well done, Stoney!  I hope your kidney healing process is completed soon.