Author Topic: Knife Finds  (Read 5611 times)

lzenglish

Knife Finds
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:02:43 PM »
It seems I'm finding allot of knifes in the past few weeks. The top 2 are WWII fighting knives, marked "RH(PAL)36". The (RH) stands for Remmington Hunting, and according to my research, were procured by the Government for the troops in WWII. The one on the bottom is an Ontario 499 Air Force Survival knife, and I'm not sure of its time frame of service.   

Wayne

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
Re: Knife Finds
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »
those are some really nice knives....
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline scottg

• Grandstaffworks Tools
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »
Wow! A Pal WW11 fighter, with the aluminum butt cap in place is a pretty rare knife, and you found two of them?
 Depending on the always critical original condition, either or both could be worth some coin.
  Both thumbs up and a big fat   You Suck!
 yours Scott

lzenglish

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:31:29 PM »
Thanks for the comments. The first pal-36 was a gift when I bought my butchers knives I posted below. The other two were 5 bucks for the other pal, and 2 bucks for the 499, so I will accept your "You Suck" award scott, and hope that many more of these pop up this season.

Wayne

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:53:59 PM »
Those are some nice finds. I had an Air Force Survival Knife in my youth...in my stupidity I traded it for a boot knife...Wish I hadn't.

That one is awesome. I'd probably crap my breeches if I found on that cheap!!
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline 64longstep/Brian

• Contributor
  • Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:34:16 AM »
Nice!!! I have seen them sell around here and New Mexico for as high as $60... One of these days I hope to find an original 1943 M4 bayonet for my M1A1 Carbine to complete the set…
If all else fails use a bigger hammer…
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society