Author Topic: R.T.CO. 6 inch divider  (Read 5779 times)

lzenglish

R.T.CO. 6 inch divider
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:33:55 PM »
I believe this was made by the Riverside Tool Company, of New York in the early 1900's. I cannot find any History on this company, (only opinions), so I may be wrong. Anyone have any additional info. on the R.T. CO.?

Thanks,

Wayne

Offline rusty

Re: R.T.CO. 6 inch divider
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »

Virtually certain it was made by them, "Riverside tool co" was registered as a trademark in New York in 1899. JM has a pair marked with both R.T Co, Trademark, and the anvil mark. The anvil mark fairly consistantly appears on hand saws fully marked Riverside Tool co.

All that gets you is an oldest possible' date, there seems to be virtually nothing online about the company (except rather dubious speculation, no, it's not a montgomery wards product ; P)

There was also apparently a Company with the same name in Boston Mass, also making hand saws...
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

lzenglish

Re: R.T.CO. 6 inch divider
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
Thanks Rusty, that is basically the same road I went down in my google searches. It's the first time I have seen this mark, but I agree it must be the riverside company. It cannot be one of the more popular tool companies for sure, but I'm sure we will see it crop up again eventually.

Wayne