Author Topic: tool contracts  (Read 1981 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
tool contracts
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »
I don't know if there is a definitive answer to this and I may have asked it already once before but Chryslers takeover for Dodge was July of 28 if memory serves me, would he at that time been able to cancel any outside contracts with vendors at that time because he had an in-house cheaper method. Specifically tools vendors.
Any and all opinions appreciated
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline eddie hudson

• NYC
Re: tool contracts
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »
I don't think so. It wasn't as if Dodge went belly up and Chrysler bought up all the assets. They bought the company and all obligations.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: tool contracts
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
I agree on the obligations and debts 100 % but when a company is bought is the new company forced to continue contracts with previous vendors.........maybe those previous vendors are what might cause a company to lose profits, does the new company have to continue losing profits?
Thanks for your input
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.