Author Topic: Model "T" Plug & Head Bolt Wrench?  (Read 7909 times)

lzenglish

Model "T" Plug & Head Bolt Wrench?
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
This wrench has the small circle "M" trade mark of Moore Drop Forging Company. Alloy Artifacts is in the process of creating a Moore section, and do not list this particular wrench yet. The large open end is 15/16", next to a 3/4" box. Then the other end has the 5/8" box size. AA says Spark plug/head bolt wrench, but as I said they do not show the 3/4" box. Does anyone elese have any additional info on it, like what the 3/4" may have been used for?

Thanks,

Wayne

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
Re: Model "T" Plug & Head Bolt Wrench?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »
I doubt that it is model T. The ones I have are an open end and a box end. There is no third size. Model A is the same as model T except there is a difference in the box end size. I can't say for sure that they are all like mine.

lzenglish

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:53:26 PM »
I doubt that it is model T. The ones I have are an open end and a box end. There is no third size. Model A is the same as model T except there is a difference in the box end size. I can't say for sure that they are all like mine.

Thanks. This is why I added the question mark on the end. It sure does look very similar, and has 2 of the 3 sizes that the model T wrench had. But, like you say Neals, that does not mean it is for a model T. Maybe another member can shed more light on its purpose.

Wayne

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:30 AM »
It is a Ford Model "T" wrench but for trucks not autos. It is shown in Ford Parts Books.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:50:12 PM by Bus »

lzenglish

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »
It is a Ford Model Tee wrench but for trucks not autos. It is shown in Ford Parts Books.

Thanks Bus. Armed with the new info. you gave me, and google, I found this wrench to be a part #TT-5893, which was either produced, or came with the old "T" truck from 1925 to 1927. The wrench was used for Spark plug's, Head Bolt's, and a Rim Nut wrench. I have attached a better picture for referance.

Wayne

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »
Thanks Bus and Wayne.

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
Thanks also to Bus and Wayne.

I have a couple of old clementine boxes into which I have thrown Ford wrenches for years. I have have had one of these three-way wrenches for years without a clear idea of what they were. Now I know.

Bob