Author Topic: Craftsman 1/2 drive Ratchet-One of These Tools is Not Like the Others  (Read 2256 times)

Offline kxxr

The oddball appears on the top or on the right side in the pictures. I happened to have these three ratchets together and the one is so different that I noticed it. The head is wider and a little thicker and the finish along the sides is quite different from the other two. Also, the handle has the =Craftsman= stamp instead of the plain one on the other two. The oddball weighs a full 2 ounces more than the other two.There may be other differences too. I can think of a few explanations for this but, for your consideration, here they are:

Offline schnitz

I'd bet that the "one" is a lower tooth count too.  Just a heavier ratchet.  Likely made by a different vendor for Sears/Craftsman than their usual supplier.
My toolbox isn't complete, and I'm not either.  We're both missing parts!

Offline rusty

They are slowly shrinking with age, based on the oem codes, the left two (-T5W-) were made around 2008, the right one (-VH-) was made back in 1994-1997)  [Lauver's list]

Both were made by Danaher...*

2oz of steel adds up in shipping......

*Having multiple divisions tho, this is less meaningfull than it might otherwise be...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:19:18 PM by rusty »
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.