Author Topic: Weekend Treasure  (Read 2450 times)

Offline FrankLee

Weekend Treasure
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:29:53 AM »
I stopped at a garage sale Saturday and didn't see any hand tools, so I asked if they had any old stuff; the rustier, the better. Then he started pulling out stuff. 

This is what I picked-up. I went back Sunday for another box full of files, big C clamps and a bunch of other stuff. Some of this is already for re-sale.

Anyone know what that rusty thing in the middle is? It's Stanley and has two rods that adjust and lock with thumb screws. It has a number on it, but I can't remember what it is right now.

That corner vise was repaired and probably good only for parts if someone has one and needs something. Can't tell the maker.

The Stanley T-bevel on the right is a nice cast piece, but heavily rusted. I hope it frees-up.

The Vernor's box is in such nice condition, I'm not sure if it's old or a reproduction.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:34:52 AM by FrankLee »

Offline RedVise

• Contributor
Re: Weekend Treasure
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:44:27 AM »
All good stuff, body work dolly bought back memories of my dad, years ago.

I have a similar vise at home, I beleive it is a Littlestown. Will check and reply later if not.

Brian L.

lzenglish

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »
All nice stuff, that a vinegar bath should take care of. The rusty thing in the middle appears to be a marking guage. Does it have pins on the ends of the rods?

Wayne

Offline FrankLee

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
All nice stuff, that a vinegar bath should take care of. The rusty thing in the middle appears to be a marking guage. Does it have pins on the ends of the rods?

Wayne

Yeah, I already had the worst stuff cleaned-up in muriatic acid and they came out pretty good. 
The Stanley piece does have pins on the ends and each rod will recess into the flat side of the base. So I agree, it could be a marking gauge. 

The real treasures in this lot are the two folding rules http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=408.0.
Everything else was a bonus. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:26:27 AM by FrankLee »

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
If you want some bottles to go with the Veronica box, I know of a six pack with the carton.

Offline FrankLee

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:49 AM »
Yep, a marking gauge.