Author Topic: Ross Roy  (Read 3286 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Ross Roy
« on: April 29, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
I appreciate all the friends I have made on this board and their eagerness to find some items they thought I would like and let me buy it from them at little to no profit on their behalf.

Most cases no profit even though I have offered something extra.

With that said I would like to ask if you guys could keep an eye open for a Ross Roy three or six ring binder much like this one being offered on e-bay but minus the material and the high cost. Ebay item # 330646769872

The pages that go within the book are small measuring 6 3/4 top to bottom and 3 3/4 side to side. I would prefer it to say Dodge Brothers like this one does but I would also be happy with one that said just Ross Roy and whatever else on the front.

Cant say just Dodge though, not interested if it did.

At this point I would also take just a really old decrepit looking binder the nastier the better so it looked like it housed a set of well used sales mans data book pages from the mid thirties.

I have had these data pages for some time now and unfortunately they were not sold to me within their original binder but instead a modern binder and it needs to go.

Thanks for any help/leads
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Fins/413

Re: Ross Roy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »
Good luck I've got the 59's for Chrysler/Imperial, Plymouth and Dodge. They are a worthwhile quest and good luck. I wish I had the DeSoto.
1959 Chrysler New Yorker
1982 E150 Ford van

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »
If I had the Desotos than I could share but I dont.

I have the books for 29 Dodge DA , 29 Graham Bros, 30 DodgeDA , 30 DC-8, 30 DD-6, 30 Graham Bros, 31 DG-8, 34 DR, 35 Plymouth, 37 Plymouth  and 37 Dodge.

Might be some I have missed. If any of these would be of any help let me know.

I need the binders for the 34 and the 38.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Branson

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
>At this point I would also take just a really old decrepit looking binder the nastier the better so it looked like it housed a set of well used sales mans data book pages from the mid thirties.

Do you mean an 8 1/2 X 11 binder? Cloth bound?  I have several in different sized rings, mostly in green cloth.  Perfectly functional, but I saved them from being just put in the dumpster.  Probably have a couple dozen of these.  Might be one in leatherette.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:44 AM »
The binders I am looking for would hold paper.......... 6 3/4 top to bottom and 3 3/4 side to side.............so the binders themselves would be just a bit larger than the sheets they would hold.

I am interested in what you have if you are looking for a good home, how old would you say they are? Pictures would be great as its easier to date something by seeing how it was manufactured. Thanks

Offline Fins/413

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:40:43 AM »
When I was watching these on eBay before I found the ones I was looking for it seems like empty Ross Roy binders would show up on occasion. Keep your eyes peeled on eBay. You might try some of the Mopar forums or the Chrysler club.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:13:12 PM by Fins/413 »
1959 Chrysler New Yorker
1982 E150 Ford van

Offline Branson

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »
> I am interested in what you have if you are looking for a good home, how old would you say they are? Pictures would be great as its easier to date something by seeing how it was manufactured. Thanks

I'll see about pictures.  But basically, they look just like the binders I took to school back in the early "60s -- before the vinyl numbers came out.  They had been filled with Gov't paperwork that had  become obsolete so they were all dumped.  They're nearly unused except that some have a bit of fading on the buckram, usually on the spines.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »
> I am interested in what you have if you are looking for a good home, how old would you say they are? Pictures would be great as its easier to date something by seeing how it was manufactured. Thanks

I'll see about pictures.  But basically, they look just like the binders I took to school back in the early "60s -- before the vinyl numbers came out.  They had been filled with Gov't paperwork that had  become obsolete so they were all dumped.  They're nearly unused except that some have a bit of fading on the buckram, usually on the spines.

Could they be as  early as early thirties late 20s, I hate to waste your time with pics if they could not. Thanks

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
When I was watching these on eBay before I found the ones I was looking for it seems like empty Ross Roy binders would show up on occasion. Keep your eyes peeded on eBay. You might try some of the Mopar forums or the Chrysler club.
Yes I am watching e-bay but I have had guys on this particular forum find stuff on e-bay for me that I would never have found because they knew just how to search, that might be what it comes down to

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »
Look what I just found....... 320912433481 ......gotta love e-bay

Shipping is ridiclulous and all I can say is seller better have at least 5 bucks in actual shipping costs but I am glad to find it
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:28:20 PM by 1930 »

Offline Branson

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 07:36:59 AM »
Did you get it, 1930?

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »
Sure, havent seen it yet but couldnt hit that buy it now button fast enough, thanks for asking