Author Topic: Shopcraft drill  (Read 6812 times)

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
Shopcraft drill
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:24 PM »
Picked this 1/2 inch drill up yesterday at an auction. It is shopcraft by G W Murphy Industries of Geneva IL. Model 975011. It has a 5 digit Zip so must be after 1963. G W Murphy power tool division was sold to McGraw-Edison in 1972 which should place it 1963 to 1972. Can anyone add any info to that?

lzenglish

Re: Shopcraft drill
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »
Nice looking old "BIG-UN" Neals! I hope it has a brace bar receptical on the other side, to keep control of it. If not, it looks like a "Wrist Twister"!

Wayne

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:02:04 AM »
Yes there is a hole in the top to thread the other handle in. I think I have one somewhere. I am not familiar with the brand so no idea if its a good one or not. No more than I will use it it will hopefully outlast me.

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 03:14:02 AM »
FWIW, I see at least as much Shopcraft at yard sales and Pawn shops as I do Power Kraft and so on.  Doesn'that stability handle have pipe threads cut into it or are they straight threads?  I picked up a Biggun' like that a few months ago(maybe a B&D) and it had the handle with it.

DM&FS

Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »
I know some drills are pipe thread but haven't had a chance to check on this one yet.