Author Topic: Wow! 600  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
Wow! 600
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:32:38 AM »
Congrats on 600 members!

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Wow! 600
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:10:13 AM »
Yay!!!
 sgb45504 is #600, just wish more would post instead of joining and then not posting.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
I don't know much about forums but this one has a solid group of regulars and about 20% of membership visits daily. Not sure if those visits are logged in or not but still seems pretty good to me. I remember reading somewhere that if 1 in 10 of the members ever do anything its a winner.
Growth is slow but steady. Members are helpful and no one has questioned my parentage. I'm just not sure that it gets any better than this on any forum.

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »
>Members are helpful and no one has questioned my parentage

Given the number of members, it's astonishing, really. This is one of the nicest places on the net :)
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline schnitz

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »
I may not post a lot, but I try to check in daily (sometimes I just get a bit overwhelmed with other commitments).  I like it here, just a great place to learn!
My toolbox isn't complete, and I'm not either.  We're both missing parts!

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 06:46:48 AM »
I think Papaw has a lot to do with the success of this forum. He has faced more than a few problems that could have gotten out of hand.

FIVE STARS AND THREE CHEERS TO OUR LEADER 

bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:10 PM »
Papaw,
     You've made a difference and positive impact on persons that love tools, education about tools, and persons that need a place in life. You have created a site that invites all persons who love tools and the history of them to join you, your site, and  passion.  You have given us this gift...  just wish I could give it back to ya.
You should probably realize that something you never thought persons would say about you is true.......   You're a SUPERSTAR!!!!  You're the tool site superstar!!!
I probably don't "post" enough.  But, I think persons would be unhappy if I posted more....  I'm not so interesting, and don't generally have new or helpful info about tools.
       But, I can post a WHOLE LOT ,  if you're worried about persons posting!!!  Forget the number of persons that actually post.  Papaw, look at how successful "Tool Talk" is.  You created this tool site. So what if persons belong and don't post?  You have TONS of persons looking at this site. You created it. You own it. And all of us "tool talk forum" persons love you for it. 
    Thank you for your passion, vision, and hard work to make "Tool Talk" a reality.
cheers,
bird.

Yay!!!
 sgb45504 is #600, just wish more would post instead of joining and then not posting.
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »
Thank you for being a loyal member.

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:27 AM »
This site is great. I tell many people each week to check it out.I know some are regulars now.
Not every one joins,but many visit. I know I'm glad I did.
Thanks for your help and efforts
Roy
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Congrats to Pawpa for a great site.

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 04:30:52 AM »
This is a great place and rusty is correct this is about the most civil and respectful corner of the net.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline junkfisher

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »
I just joined and am still feeling my way around in here. Dont want to knock anything off the workbench, so to speak. I am fighting forces of chaos on one hand and garage gremlins on the other. Trying to cram 30 yrs worth of stuff into a few sheds and still be able to find something when I need it. I rarely post an opinion on things because someone is usually of the same mind and has already said it and probably better. Have spent the last 4 months without the distraction of tv and my mind is starting to form it's own thoughts again.  In the solitude of my cleaning shed I ponder the mysteries of the world and like any sane person try to think of ways to fix it or at least figure out how it broke. The thing that keeps popping up is that money is valued more than honor or integrity. I was raised different. Money is a tool (see? I CAN stay on topic!) I've seen my dad get thru times of no money most of my life. After he passed I find myself in the same shed tearing apart brass and copper and this and that to augment a disability check. The other day a fella strolled in, (yep. I left the gate open) and I stroll him back out. He wants to know what I got, and I would like to know what he is looking for. He says anything, everything. Well I have that but it would be easier if I knew what part of anything and everything so I can walk him to it. He wont say chevy, ford, tractor, truck, antiques, bikes, zeppelins, nothing. He saw some bicenteniel plates and asked and I told him 50 cents apiece cause I've got a lot and I figure it's a good starting spot. he gets about 26 and tries to count 'em to look like it's 20 and I just said looks like ten bucks to me. Then flipping past 50's and 20's he says he offers me eight for all of 'em.
     Too late to make a long story short, but I figured I did my part by dropping the 3 bucks off the front now he wants me to drop 2 off the back. I told him just call when he had the 10 bucks and I'd sell em to him down the road. Now he want to deal on a couple of 331 hemis that I want 300 each on, but I smell something bad in this wind. He's supposed to be here tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. back to topic of this thread....nice place to be, glad I found it. if all 600 post like me I'd never be able to read it all. happy trails

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »
Glad you are here, Junkfisher!
Watch guys like that, they seem to want to look at everything and not buy much. Makes you wonder what they really want, you know?

Post away- we like to hear member's thoughts. Watch out for Bird, though, she is our "Resident Rambler", and is tough to match in that category!

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 08:12:40 PM »
Super day yesterday! Record set for most online in the day!

Most Online Ever: 184 (October 22, 2012, 08:26:49 PM)