Author Topic: Starrett Hacksaw, Blue Point Hammer and others recently acquired.  (Read 2573 times)

Offline kxxr

2 hacksaws. I have not seen one like the metal one here. Is it a special purpose tool?

I don't know my ball peen numbers, but this is a big 'un. I didn't weigh it, but I think over 20 ounces.

I see quite a few of these metal handled hammers in the smaller size; this is my first big one. The end of the handle unscrews but I don't know what you'd keep in there. The opening is about 3 inches deep.

A Snap On extension with a 1932 date code.

A Bonney and a Proto:

Offline geneg

Re: Starrett Hacksaw, Blue Point Hammer and others recently acquired.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:20 AM »
The short hacksaw frame is sometimes called a close quarter one.  Useful to cut something between obstructions.  The larger hammer may have been a lathe project in a shop class.  Used most of the learned techniques: turning, knurling, boring, cutt off, internal & external threading and you ended up with a keepsake from the class.  I have seen the smaller ones marked Craftsman, Indestro, and GM (not the automaker).

Offline geneg

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:56 AM »
The Truth Tool catalog in the Catalog section as a heads-up shows a similar hacksaw.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
Thanks for the info geneg. That definitely looks like a match. I didn't see any markings on the one I have but will take a closer look. It does look like it could be the same brand.

Offline geneg

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »
I have a couple of those hacksaws & have used them in tight spots prior to sawsall usage.  Oddly,  I just found a Truth socket last week and read some info aout the company on AA.