Author Topic: Battery Powered "C" clamps  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Mel Larsen

Battery Powered "C" clamps
« on: August 13, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »
I was at a garage sale this past weekend and run onto something I had never seen before or even knew they existed,  a Black and Decker Battery powered "C" clamp!!!  I looked them up on Amazon and sure enough there they were at $25 each.

Mel
I would rather have tools I never use, than to need a tool I don't have.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Battery Powered "C" clamps
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
Where's the fun in that? My standard clamps never nave low batteries.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
When I saw those, immediately thought of a one armed woodworker.  Or the guy that is never organized enough before hand, and while holding everything together with his left hand, reaches for his battery powered C-clamp to save the day.   And just when I thought we were through putting an electric motor in everything, that just maybe didn't need it.   I wonder how many of those were bought as fathers day presents?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
I think thats the ultimate in lazy. Ime sure they wont last as long as the traditional c clamp.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Branson

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
Hah!  Now we can find the one-armed man!    Advertising hype reads:

"Providing an impressive 350 pounds of clamping force, this battery-powered tool from Black & Decker has a slip-resistant design and offers a release lever for fast, effortless screw adjustment. Able to be used as either an auto or manual clamp, the ACC100 is a snap to operate with just one hand, and features feet that won't scratch your work surface, as well as a six-inch opening to accommodate a range of different jobs. Most importantly, it supplies approximately 60 clamps on a single set of batteries, and is ideal for gluing applications and securing wood for cutting, sanding, or painting."

Looks like it's time might have already moved on.  One seller on eBay has them for $12; another eBay seller has one for $19.99 plus $9 for shipping.  Sears, however is selling them online for $6.

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »
The real question here is does it have a micro processor on board.  You can't have high tech equipment without one.  My daughter found an ad for a cat pan with a micro processor. This clamp falls in with a TV ad for a phone. The question is asked, "Does it make calls?" Answer, "No, but it has an automatic pick up line generator, a silent dog whistle and it can tell you if anyone in your family is a bird"  Remember, this is the country where you take an escalator to the second floor in a store where they sell stair steppers as exercise equipment. The consumer that buys this clamp is the consumer that really, really wants one of those Ford cars that parallel parks itself.
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan