Author Topic: serious wrench collections and hand improvement  (Read 2669 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
serious wrench collections and hand improvement
« on: June 21, 2011, 04:26:16 AM »
Hi guys,
   hope everyone is doing well..... I'm on week three or four after the "sewing back together" of tendons.  i suppose things are going fine. But, it's pretty pathetic to be doing "thumb lifts" as my daily exercises !!!  I went to PT this morning. I asked her if i could mow my lawn.  Her response was, "unless you have a riding mower that can turn on a dime, no,  You can't mow your lawn."
    That's incredibly irritating. First of all, I hate to mow my lawn, but it needs it. Secondly, I'm not allowed to mow it. I'm not allowed to do a chore I hate doing!!!  UGHHHHH..... I miss the things I hate to do!!!!!   that's a bad sign!!
    I had incredibly disturbing news today. I finally got up the nerve to ask the physical therapist, "how long will it be before I can use my hand like I normally use it?"
      She said, "Jenny, this isn't a question I should answer because you're going to go nuts." 
"Just level with me, what's the deal."
"It will be at least 12 weeks before you have full movement of your hand."
I said, "You're right. You shouldn't have answered that question."
     Believe me,  I'm complaining about a minor problem. Let's face it, plenty of persons have a lot of debilitating problems, and I'm not dealing with that.  At least, I think, I'll have my hand back one day. So, I really don't have room to complain. But, I'm going to complain anyways.
   I miss my hand. And, I've run out of creative stories to tell persons who ask me, "what happened to your wrist, hand, ect..."
My final answer, as usual, is "I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you."
     I've always found that shuts people up rather quickly.
Anyhow, miss you folks,
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: serious wrench collections and hand improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:56:46 AM »
Glad you are healing, Jenny! Take care of that hand, it is needed in your craft. You won't build much furniture if you don't let it heal properly.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline 64longstep/Brian

• Contributor
  • Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
Glad to here you are on the mend…
If all else fails use a bigger hammer…
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:04:52 AM »
I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and there are no complications. While I'm sure it's frustrating right now the weeks will pass.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
You are not alone, Jenny.
The wife is recovering from surgery, and she is going crazy seeing all the housework that needs doing...and she can't do it! And, if I try to do things, I don't do them "right". 

Ratchet Guru