Author Topic: Trucraft 15" adjustable wrench.  (Read 2575 times)

Offline aametalmaster

Trucraft 15" adjustable wrench.
« on: September 13, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
A guy came into work with some tools and he said these are cheapies i just picked up. Well anyways the 15" Trucraft 3-61 Japan caught my eye. A little rusty and painted orange but i think i am going to make an offer tomorrow. If not for sale i will at least get a pic of it for the archive...Bob

Offline aametalmaster

Re: Trucraft 15" adjustable wrench.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »
Well i offered and he didn't budge yet :) He also pulled out the matching 18" adjustable and he said the rest of the set is home. I didn't find any info on the two larger wrenches just the smaller adjustables. So he is going to bring in the smaller set to let me drool over. Pics coming...Bob

Offline aametalmaster

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »
Well here are some pics of the 15 and 18 inch Trucraft. Now to talk him out of them...Bob

Offline Mel Larsen

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:12:30 PM »
Wow, that name "Truecraft" rang a bell, so I just went out to the shop to look and sure enough I have two 15" wrenches and one 12" adjustable s,  I bought them in 1971 at a farm supply store.  I had two of the 12" but must of lost one.  they where cheep but served the job I bought them for.  If you need them to fill in a collection, I would be happy to work with you.
Mel 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:34:08 PM by Mel Larsen »
I would rather have tools I never use, than to need a tool I don't have.

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

Around here, tools painted orange usually were tools that 'wandered off' from a certain large construction company that did highway work and liked to use orange road marking paint to mark every tool, hose, piece of equipment etc they owned....:P
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline aametalmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:30:04 PM »

Around here, tools painted orange usually were tools that 'wandered off' from a certain large construction company that did highway work and liked to use orange road marking paint to mark every tool, hose, piece of equipment etc they owned....:P

Yup i agree. Mine are all purple. Like i said he cleans out storage buildings/basements and who knows who or what put them there and how long ago. But he got paid to haul them away...Bob

Offline aametalmaster

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »
Well i now own the two Trucraft adjustables. Waved a 100 dollar bill at him and he bit. Prob overpaid but oh well. Now i have a complete set of adjustables from 4"-24. I plan on sandblasting them and give them a good Brownells gun bluing. That stuff works great for a black finish on steel. I did my grandfathers adjustables that were rusty and look like new now...Bob