Author Topic: a pleasant surprise  (Read 2170 times)

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
a pleasant surprise
« on: November 08, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Bought a box of wrenchs at auction today because it contained 7 or 8 Proto oew's and a few other USA made wrenchs plus a bunch of far east wrenchs. when I started sorting out the Chinese stuff I found this little IHC wrench. Its a P318 which was used on the CB & Q corn planter which was made about 5 miles from here. Didn't have one in my collection so was well pleased to find it.
 Also got a Fordson 11 in hub cap wrench.  Didn't realize they were selling the box with that wrench in it before they added a piece of depression glass to get a bid. Lady bought it.  When she started transfering contents to another box for carrying I noticed she got a "what in the world is this?" when she saw the wrench. I took 2 pictures of G Washington and she was quite happy to exchange the wrench for them. Another nice surprise.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: a pleasant surprise
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
This is awful,  it might make you go to another auction, buy more tools, and be in the same boat I am!!!     Anyway,  nice to have this happen once in awhile. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Branson

Re: a pleasant surprise
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »
This is awful,  it might make you go to another auction, buy more tools, and be in the same boat I am!!!     Anyway,  nice to have this happen once in awhile.

Yeah, my condolences too.