Author Topic: Ratchets (with pictures)  (Read 109659 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Ratchets (with pictures)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
I'm guessing it was made in the 80's when Stanley was pumping out tools. There was a thread talking about the lawsuit Stanley had because they printed USA on tools that were made overseas. I think the Master Pro is one of those.
It comes apart like the old Thorsens. There's a flat coil spring on the knuckle side of the head that needs prying off. Then the gear assembly slides out the back.
P.S. I'd love to see some pics of that 1/2" Master Pro apart! Number of teeth on the pawl and in the head would be great to know, too.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:44:28 PM by bonneyman »
Ratchet Guru

Offline kxxr

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 06:27:09 PM »
Oldie but a goodie. Kind of a wrench, kind of a screwdriver. Snap On valve thingy?

Offline rusty

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:49 PM »

Yeah, that's the second generation valve adjustor, socket goes on the square drive part to loosen the locking nut, bit adjusts the valve...

Very pretty : )
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
That flat handle MAC was made by S-K. What is the drive size ? Am I reading the number on it as X3R ?

EvilDr235

Offline kxxr

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 06:33:44 AM »
That flat handle MAC was made by S-K. What is the drive size ? Am I reading the number on it as X3R ?

EvilDr235
Correct, X3R, and it is 3/8" drive, about 7" or 8" long I'd guess. On the other side it says Sabina Ohio. I don't have it in front of me and can't remember if "Ohio" is abbreviated or not. It is a nice, compact yet hefty, well balanced tool. I like it. SK makes sense, as the design is similar to others I have seen that look like it. Most recently, an Artisan.

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
I had a S-K in 1/4 inch drive with the flat handle. I sold it in a weak moment.

EvilDr235

Offline kxxr

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »
Here's a rare bird, at least it's the first I've ever seen. A USA made John Deere 3/8 drive flex head TY3522.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
I'm guessing it was made in the 80's when Stanley was pumping out tools. There was a thread talking about the lawsuit Stanley had because they printed USA on tools that were made overseas. I think the Master Pro is one of those.
It comes apart like the old Thorsens. There's a flat coil spring on the knuckle side of the head that needs prying off. Then the gear assembly slides out the back.
P.S. I'd love to see some pics of that 1/2" Master Pro apart! Number of teeth on the pawl and in the head would be great to know, too.
I will take some pictures when I get around to taking the Master Pro apart. I'll refer to the disassembled one when the time comes. Right now I have a few ratchets in baggies that I need to finish before I take any more apart. I confess, I am one of those who can take anything apart. Putting it back together? Well, that takes me a little longer.
You may have seen in another thread where I was trying "KrudKutter" to remove corrosion and rust on an old Husky. It works very well but I left the parts in too long and some actually just liquefied, including half of the spring. I guess it will be a wall hanger until I can find another spring, if that's even possible. I'll go out to the garage and take some pictures of that one later today.  Thanks for the tips.
EDIT: Bonneyman, I just went to take a quick look at the disassmebled round head Stanley and remembered that you had said the pictures were all gone. Sure enough there they are, gone! Any progress in getting them posted back up?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:41:25 AM by kxxr »

Offline kxxr

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
Anybody know of "Williamson"? Here is a pretty cool old ratchet. I tried to do a little googling but had no luck wading through all the Williams info.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
Here's a couple more recent additions. Both 3/8"; a good ol' Truecraft Japan and a Mac flex head offset.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »
3.5 inch Titans, 60 tooth quick release. I just had to buy something on Black Friday. Everyone else was doing it!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:00:57 AM by kxxr »

Offline rusty

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »

>Everyone else was doing it!

Now stop that.
You are liable to give people
the impression that an excuse is required to aquire tools...
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline scottg

• Grandstaffworks Tools
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
Vintage Williams

Offline kxxr

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:59 PM »

>Everyone else was doing it!

Now stop that.
You are liable to give people
the impression that an excuse is required to aquire tools...
My wife was looking over my shoulder.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 11:24:37 PM »
Vintage Williams
Nice batch. Especially the little ones. I'm a sucker for the little ones.