Author Topic: Looking for Bonney S wrenches with embossed Bonney Shield on them  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
I am looking for Bonney S wrenches with the Bonney Shield embossed on them. These wrenches will also have a letter embossed on the backside, probably in the "A " to "E" range.  An example of the "A" wrench is shown.  The other-lettered S wrenches will be longer than 6 inches.  PM if you want to sell or trade.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Looking for Bonney S wrenches with embossed Bonney Shield on them
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
Those must be rare, bro. I have an eye calibrated to see Bonney, and I've never seen one like this in the flesh. Good luck!
Ratchet Guru

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
I may have some, in a tool box, somewhere in the pile.  Hope to have time over the holidays to do some digging for other things too. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline junkfisher

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »
I wouldn't have recognised that as a Bonney in a quick lookover. I have found a hand full of bonneys and williams and other makers. I have to keep expanding the spaces and categories. I will do another "dump the buckets and sift thru" soon. had to dedicate a school bus just to set the tools in to sort. I am pondering on building a pegboard system for easier visuals and less damage. who woulda thought you could hurt a pile of iron? but I was in a bit of a hurry to get stuff moved and needed the bucket again and dumped contents on top of the pile. A large sledge head slid out and landed on one of those wierd multi angled cast iron do-alls, and it broke into 3 pcs. somedays it just dont quit raining.

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »
Thanks for looking! I really appreciate it.

Rain falls on us all, if not sledge-heads, to wit: I bought a curve-handled Wheaton wrench and believed I had struck near-gold for a dollar. Instead it's an orphan, parent-less with no established purpose.  Let me borrow your sledge-head!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:21:11 PM by Wrenchmensch »