Author Topic: It's a bird call, I miss you folks!  (Read 2521 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
It's a bird call, I miss you folks!
« on: July 03, 2011, 01:57:54 AM »
Hi guys,
    I've been out of  touch with anyone and everyone that I care about. I'm not really sure how that happened.
      My folks are a driving force in my life. My mom and dad are my best friends.... but, there's a reason I chose to "move back home an hour away from town."
      As most of you know, I "landed" myself in a tiny little town/area called Nellysford, VA.   My life consists of silence, unless I venture out  to the hardware store.
  Anyhow, most of you know about my life already---- sorry to bore you!   My Mom has this continual suggestion, "I just thought of a great idea. I was thinking dad and I could come out tomorrow and clean up the house and lawn. After that, you could invite Steve  (my brother), Mary, and the kids over for supper.
      My brother "trumps" everyone... he's always been my best friend. And so, I called Stevie up and said, "Mom's got this awful idea that y'all should come over. Make her change her mind."
      Well, what are brothers for?   I have no idea how he did it, but he managed to tell mom that it wasn't a great idea for the family to come to my house. It may have had something to do with the last time my brother was at my house, 4 or 5 years ago, he said, "Bird (that's me), it looks like a hurricane came through your house!!!!!"
       Well, needless to say, I still try and keep my parents "at bay."
     Wow, it sound's like I'm 17 years old!!!!  Well, all of you know that's not true!!!!
Well, it wouldn't be "bird, the resident rambler" if I didn't ramble on for a while. So, I've fulfilled my namesake.
I miss you folks. Some of you have become close friends of mine.
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline scottg

• Grandstaffworks Tools
Re: It's a bird call, I miss you folks!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »
Hey You
 That was relatively rambly! Does this mean you are using both hands again?
Hmmmmm, how about you send your parents over to my place willya? I can always use some help. :)
 They any good at roofing???
  yours Scott

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
Hey Bird I've been wondering how you are doing. How is the wing healing up?
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »
I'm glad I've kept my "rambling" status!  I would hate to disappoint anyone!!!
     I suppose my "wing" is OK. It's driving me nuts. I keep asking the PT person if I can mow my lawn. I haven't gotten the OK. I never thought I would be asking to do something I HATE (mowing the lawn). 
     On Wed. I see my actual hand surgeon. So, we'll see what he has to say. He knows me all too well (as I've said before, he's done a few other surgeries on my hands).  I'm doing my best to follow my PTs directions to a "T".  Physical therapists seem to have their jobs for a reason. I've learned from experience, that I should listen to them.
      On a positive note, I've spent the last month and a half "sorting wrenches."  I think within another day, every wrench I own will have its own spot. I gather a new box of wrenches together every day, go to my home, the hardware store, and sort ..... sort some more.... and then some more. I think within the next week, all of my wrenches will have a home. You have no idea what an accomplishment that would be!
      I'm not in the business of selling wrenches--- well, some I would like to sell. But, hopefully now, I'll be able to look in my office and be able to say, "Yes, I have the Maxwell 267!!!" ect.  I need to "clean house" on some of my wrenches.... because I just can't keep them all.
     The other day I left the store with an old display case for "Gorilla Glue."  My friend saw me leaving and said, "Jenny, don't do it!!!!!!  You DON"T need it!!!"
    "I can't help it, I have to!!!!" Thus goes the story of my life!!! I can't pass a "free thing" bye.
      I will take a moment to say that my mom and I were driving through her neighborhood.  She "slammed on the breaks."  She backed up and said, "is that an Easel? Emily (my niece) would love that!"   (this was on the side of the road for trash pick-up).  She jumped out of the car, grabbed it, and we drove off. She was laughing like a little kid.
     I said, "Mom, you've officially come into the world of dumpster diving, ect."
Oh, she made me so proud!!!!!!!! I knew she had it in her!!!! I thought, "she'll never be able to say anything to me again about my love for free things!!!!"
     I'm pretty sure that argument will not "hold water" for very long.
     Well, I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. It's my least favorite holiday. So, I hope the rest of you can celebrate it!
cheers,
rambling Bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"