Author Topic: Machinist Level Identification?  (Read 7167 times)

lzenglish

Machinist Level Identification?
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
Does this "no name" brass Machinist level look familiar to anyone? And If so, what Company may have made it? The only marks on it are "Warranted", and "Correct". I have seen this warranted correct on other levels with Company names, and am curious as to its meaning as well. Of course I'm thinking the obvious, that it is guaranteed to be accurate, but not sure. Any Information appreciated. Note: Click on photos to enlarge.

Thanks,

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:42:48 PM by lzenglish »

Offline fliffy42

• Contributor
  • Leominster Massachusetts
Re: Machinist Level Identification?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
Cant help ya onthe id but I can say I like it!!!
Looking for Bluepoint X & XD Series Box Wrenches

Offline Branson

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
I have one that looks very much like this one, or its brother.  Mine is a Rabone, and this looks near identical.

lzenglish

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:00:51 AM »
I have one that looks very much like this one, or its brother.  Mine is a Rabone, and this looks near identical.

Thanks. It does look very similar to Rabone, after searching the web. Does yours have the 2 mounting/adjusting screws Branson? All the look alikes I found did not have them.

Wayne

Offline Branson

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »
"Thanks. It does look very similar to Rabone, after searching the web. Does yours have the 2 mounting/adjusting screws Branson? All the look alikes I found did not have them."

Yep, it sure does.  Those and the three window configuration look just like my marked Rabone, prezactly.