Author Topic: Seeking a Dodge power wagon hood  (Read 1614 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Seeking a Dodge power wagon hood
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:28:36 AM »
Can someone tell me how to do a nationwide or statewide search on Craigslist? I am looking for a 72-79 Dodge power wagon hood for my newly acquired truck. Condition is almost un-important, if its rusty I can separate the inner structure from the outer skin and make my re-pairs, it might be best if it is rusty since the hood isnt going on an original power wagon.

If anyone knows of one please either respond here or my e-mail of jhason2@yahoo.com Thanks

If anyone lives in the Clintonville, Wisconsin area and wouldnt mind shipping me a hood that is on E-bay than I promise you a no hassle refund of your expenses.

Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Seeking a Dodge power wagon hood
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:00:51 AM »
ONE WAY is to leverage google.  In google's search use "searchword site:craigslist.org".  You can then choose "search tools" and narrow and/or sort published dates.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:12:43 AM »
ONE WAY is to leverage google.  In google's search use "searchword site:craigslist.org".  You can then choose "search tools" and narrow and/or sort published dates.

Thanks but I have no idea what you are trying to have me to understand
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline RedVise

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:26:44 AM »
go to searchtempest.com, plug in zip, search item , radius, category , subcategory and click search button.

Fairly user friendly.

And you know, when on CL, 75% of the people you deal with are crazy.

Brian
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:31:10 AM by RedVise »

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:59:31 AM »
I saw your want ad on AACA forum. You might want to put a want ad at the Jalopy Journal HAMB forum.
Thousands of visits a day.
Good luck.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »
go to searchtempest.com, plug in zip, search item , radius, category , subcategory and click search button.

Fairly user friendly.

And you know, when on CL, 75% of the people you deal with are crazy.

Brian
Brian saved the day, just got home and tired but after 4 hours of driving I have a beautiful hood and matching cowlscreen. Brian sent me a link that I prob. would not have otherwise seen on Craiglist for the hood I was looking for. Thank-you Brian

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30:19 AM »
I saw your want ad on AACA forum. You might want to put a want ad at the Jalopy Journal HAMB forum.
Thousands of visits a day.
Good luck.
Thanks but I do not need any part badly enough to visit that site

Offline fflintstone

• Former master curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »
I dont know about dodge but LMC truck parts is a huge online supplier of truck parts for chevy/GMC.
I know they do ford to and I assume dodge.
they sell just about everything.
I will post a link.

Offline fflintstone

• Former master curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 07:13:20 AM »

Offline RedVise

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »

Brian saved the day, just got home and tired but after 4 hours of driving I have a beautiful hood and matching cowlscreen. Brian sent me a link that I prob. would not have otherwise seen on Craiglist for the hood I was looking for. Thank-you Brian
[/quote]

Great !  I'm going to want a ride in it next time I'm on your side of the bay !

Brian

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »

Great !  I'm going to want a ride in it next time I'm on your side of the bay !

Brian
[/quote]
I am in the middle of replacing  the roof, going on tomm I guess, hoping to have it painted in the next few weeks. Will bring it over when done.